*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973979-A-Z-Storage-Solution
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1973979
A man is very particular about his shed's foundation [150 Word Wonder, Rd 30].
A-Z Storage Solution


"I was startin' to think Tess and the kids would never take that trip," Old Man Hoffman said, alternating between pickax and shovel to widen and deepen the growing hole.  "I like things to be done just right, an' I wanted to get the last flagstone set, before winter set in and the ground got too hard again.  This one's a real chore, it bein' in the corner an' all."

From across the dimly lit shed, Zach watched the old man toss the last shovelful of dirt onto the tarp.

"That doctor fella said I had OCD or OCPD or some such.  All I know is, I like things in order an' you're the last one: from Anthony to Zach.  At least you get your own hole; those twins, Shad and Thad, gotta share."

Hoffman crossed the floor to the bound man.  "Time, son."

The gag swallowed Zach's screams.
© Copyright 2014 Writer_Mike (mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973979-A-Z-Storage-Solution