*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974056-Dealing-With-long-Distance-Marriage
by Bat123
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1974056
High school sweat hearts get married after graduation.



On the day of my graduation in Montana July12, 2008, I saw my old best friend that is a girl at my graduation. It seemed like we both had eye connection. So I went over to her and gave her a hug. Jamie said, “I’m so happy to see you again” it’s been a long time! So after my graduation I had ask her out on a date, she said yes that would be wonderful. I asked her will 6:30 on Friday be good. My name is Rick Jackson I am eighteen years old I have black hair, brown eyes 6’2. I’m a pretty muscular man and I weigh 225 pounds. I lettered four years in football and track my whole high school years. The money I made while I was in high school was cutting grass and shoveling snow in the winter. I paid for my own car my junior year which was a VW Volts Wagon. That car got twenty three miles per gallon. My parents were always hard on me about going out and making money and staying out of trouble. I’m so glad they had done that because I don’t rely on my parents for money I know how to make my own money. Ever since I was thirteen years old I was interested in the Marine Corps. My cousin James was in the army. He served two years in Afghanistan after that he was a pipe fitter. James and I had a big talk about joining the military.
James said, “Once you sing that paper for how many years you want to serve, you will have to be there no matter what”. If you try running away you will go to jail. James said, “He is not trying to scare me he just does not want me to regret what I decide on doing.
Jamie and I had been dating for the past two years. Jamie and I went out to a nice dinner and when we were done eating I got down on one knee and asked her will you marry me. Her face was so red and she answered yes. We got married on September 15, 2011. As soon as she saw my get on one knee she started to cry in a happy way. We have bought a house together. We were able to afford it since I had a couple of rental properties. Jamie said, “That she is concerned that I want to join the Marine Corps. Rick said, “That I will make a lot of money for us. She told, “Me that she scared of losing me. I said, “Would you rather us struggle from pay to pay. She now finely understands where I’m coming from. Jamie and I went on online to fill out paper work for me to join the Marine Corps. It was a lot of information to fill out. It said it will take a couple of months to see if an answer if you are able to go to boot camp. Once you are accepted you will have to go to Paris Island which is the Marine Corps boot camp. You will have to stay there for three months for physical training. I’m in pretty good physical shape but what makes people give up is mentally because the drill sergeant calls you names and so on. Since my parents made me do chores and I was not giving everything I wanted like quads or anything like that. I would have to go out and make my own money. The way I would make the money was to cut grass in the summer time. In the winter I would snow blow people drives for twenty dollars a drive depending on the drive way size.
Two years later of me in the Marine Corps. My wife got a new 2012 Audi A6. Jamie and I are happy that we can go on vacations together when I have holiday vacations, the bills are being paid. It’s just we don’t get to spend the as we did when we first got married. Jamie and I are planning on having a baby.
Jamie said, “I have decided to get a job because she can’t stand being home alone”. Jamie ends up going to school for being a vet that works with animals. Jamie and I are going to save some money for retirement. Jamie loves her job she gets to meet different people and animals every day. Jamie and I face-time when I can, that’s one of our ways for us to see each other. I can’t tell her certain things because it can give our location away. If I would tell her important information I would go to prison. Jamie told me that she wants to tell me something. I was like yeah tell me. So Jamie told me that she can’t do this long distance marriage any more. I told her I only got two more years to serve. Once I got home for vacation break Jamie and I went to marriage counseling for her trust issues. She was saying without me being there she is lonely. Jamie also thinks I’m seeing someone else while I’m gone. I told her I would never lie or cheat on her. Even if I did cheat on Jamie I would go straight to prison. That’s one of the military rules. I wish Jamie would believe that me I have always gave her my word. I’m guessing that there must be someone else since she does not trust me. The reason I think there must be someone else is that the other guy could be saying Rick is lying to you. I have always that noticed Jamie was always sneaky about her phone but I never have said anything to her.
Two months later Jamie and I went out for dinner and talked about what she wants to do. As we were eating dinner Jamie told me she had been seeing someone else. The feeling I had in side was terrible. All Jamie had to say was sorry I wish I had told you before. I told her I joined the Marine Corps for us, to make our lives better. Jamie’s face was so pale she was word less. I risk every day of my life to get freedom. Jamie had left the restaurant and left me all by myself. After I paid the bill, I have went home crying myself to sleep. I love Jamie so much I did everything I could to make her happy and this is what I get in return. The next couple days I’ve got a letter in the mail, saying my wife wants to divorce me. I had two choices it was either I sign the papers and get the divorce over and done with or I just wait two years. The smartest thing I could do was sign the papers and get it done and over with. I have talked to my lawyer and he said the same thing because she could fight for money. Since I’m in the military I make good money and she could get like hundred thousand dollars.
Jamie and I went our separate ways in life. Jamie ended up getting only forty thousand out of me. I thought to myself its better than more money. I will never forget Jamie because she was the love of my life. The one thing I have learned was not to get married at such a young age. I just wished I used my head and did what my uncle Bob did. My uncle bob told me I should be with that person for more than two years. So I’m able to make right choices. When you love someone, you don’t really use your head. I had made up my mind that I was to be single and focus on my job that is really important. My life is on the line every second of the day. I have lost close friends from stepping on IED which means a bomb planted in the ground so when you step on it kills you or makes you bleed to death. It’s awful having flashbacks of my best friend that I was close two. Serving for my country can be hard and its not fun but I love the feeling that I know I’m a hero. The hardest thing in my life was losing my loved of my life that I truly love. Being married to Jamie ever since I graduated was the best feeling in my entire life.
© Copyright 2014 Bat123 (noaht26 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974056-Dealing-With-long-Distance-Marriage