*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974456-Lessons-Learned
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1974456
Lessons learned from BITTERSWEET memories. Reasons why I just can't forget!

OF FRIENDSHIP

“Don’t dwell too much for friends who leave, why not take time to thank those few who stayed?”

*Treasure what you have instead of mourning for whatever you lost. Though I know how it feels like to be left by a friend, sometimes we failed to recognize that we still have people who managed to stay, after all.


OF BEING FIRM AND JUST

“Fight the urge. Learn to step back and think, so that in the end, you will enjoy what you have chosen. “

*Although people say that life is too short to hold back, that we must move forward, take chances and be risky coz no matter what we do, we’re bound to suffer, why not suffer with dignity? We should always consider that at the end of the day, it is through the choices we made that could best answer WHY WE SUFFER. It’s true that nobody really knows which one is the best, so, never just GRAB and TAKE CHANCES. Don’t choose whatever that could make you feel good AT THE MOMENT, rather, BE STRONG ENOUGH TO STEP BACK AND REFLECT. THINK….. Choose whatever that will make everything worthwhile – and that includes yourself.


OF LIFE

“If you can’t change the PAST, make a better FUTURE.”

*That’s it! Need I say more? Some say that we can only achieve good result IF we started it good. Is that so? Well, let me say, we human beings are bound to commit a mistake at some point in our lives and there will be a time when we’ll fail. And so I have learned, If we can’t change the mistake that has been done, why not just dream of a better life? Life will neither fail nor falter just because we fail. It only will, once we give up. So, never dwell on the past, just LEARN FROM IT. Be sure that your future will be better just because you’ve learned BIG from that failure.


OF DECISION MAKING

“To avoid REGRETS: make the WISEST decision. (And so you could be firm with it.)

…and sometimes, the wisest decisions are those that are hard to bear and the most painful for us, human beings.”

*But, that’s what life is all about. There’s nothing wrong in committing a mistake, AS LONG AS WE DON’T INTEND TO DO IT. I remembered my previous professor in Ethics, he once mentioned regarding wise decision making, “No matter how painful it might be for you, if that’s the right thing to do, go for it. Just do it. That’s the reason why some can’t stand and stay firm with their chosen decision. Because they know for themselves that what they’ve chosen isn’t the wisest decision. It takes a lot of maturity for a person to do this.”


OF LIFE’S STRESSORS

“Suffer with Dignity.”

*My previous professor in General Psychology was fond of sharing this line to his students like me. He said that whenever he was asked why he would always carry a smile on his face in spite the hectic schedule, he would always answer he prefer not to show too much that his schedule was really hectic. Come on, here’s what I have learned: You need not show how hectic your schedule is. It’s not for them to know that you’re very busy and having a hard time managing your schedule.” Same with problems. We all have our own share of sorrows; hang ups, problems and sad moments. Nobody said that life on earth will be easy but, we need not showcase how hard life is for us. If you are indeed suffering: “Suffer with dignity.”

Carry yourself well, and everything will follow.


OF LOVE

“Learn to let go of the things you cannot have.”

*Some people say that everything’s worth trying. But, trying won’t assure you of a win. Yeah, you may try, if you want, you may give your all, but, at the end of the day, if it’s not meant for you, it can never be yours. And for me, it’s the most painful truth. Sometimes, we are blinded by our own emotions, believing that things can be patched up or everything’s going to be alright; that everything will be happy again like what it used to be. But, whenever we look ourselves in the mirror, we know for ourselves, that everything’s just a MAKE BELIEVE.

If you think that you’ve given it all so, you can never let go? Think again.

If it’s not meant for you, you can’t have it. Even if you’re on hold if it at present.

Don’t be harsh on yourself. Treat yourself well. Learn to let go of the things you cannot have.


OF HAPPINESS

”Visit your EGO ROOM every once in a while. I tell you, it’s worth your time. “

*In Social Psychology, Ego room is where you can find your happy memories. And it’s true. Happiness dwells within us. Happiness is a choice. We can always be happy as long as we keep our ego room.. open.


OF RELATIONSHIP

“No matter how happy you might be together at the moment, doesn’t mean it will stay that way, Today might be at its best.. Tomorrow: might be its end.

REALIZATION: make the most out of your time to create happy memories. JUST HAPPY MEMORIES.

*No matter how strong the feelings you’ve had for each other, no matter how determined you, both, are to stick together till the end, sometimes, it will never be enough to stop the tricks of fate. No matter how perfect it may seem, the next day might be a different one. What you feel today won’t assure you of a worthwhile tomorrow.

So, as long as you, both, have the chance, make use of it. Don’t go out on a date and end up fighting. Start your day feeling excited and leave each day memorable. Thank your partner for “the feel good moment” he just planned, or give a hug for a favor well done. As long as the moment’s there… save happy memories.

So that when fate comes and played its trick, you, both, have nothing, but, the fondest of all memories to look back, together or not. It might be painful, but, it’s easier to bear for there will be no SHOULD’VE/COULD’VE/WOULD’VE in the process of moving on.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that not everybody will agree with whatever I have shared here. But, I don’t mean to influence anyone,… just want to share these experiences I’ve had and how I’ve learned to look at things in somehow, more mature way. Hope you enjoyed!
© Copyright 2014 Janskii (mabsoot-marie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974456-Lessons-Learned