*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974755-Todays-the-Day
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1974755
A Dear Me letter encouraging me towards my year's writing goals.
Dear me,

This year will be the best year ever. You are going to accomplish great things this year. And you have God to thank for it. Do not forget that. He is going to be there to help you always. You can always rely on him. Remember the dream God has placed in your heart. The dream that is so big that no one will believe it is possible. What is interesting is that God makes the impossible possible—with him there is always a way. He has a way for your dreams to come into fruition and he has a plan for this year.

This year is just one step towards your dreams coming true. Do not be discoursed. Things may not work out as your plan, but God is in control. Listen to Him for he knows the best plan for you. With Him every goal can be met (Praise be to God, our Heavenly Father). It may seem at times that nothing is happening, but behind the scenes God is there doing the impossible, doing what you are not able to do. Continue to do what you are able to do. Honor and glorify the Father the best you can. Trust in Him. Have fun and enjoy writing.

There are goals that need to be set for this year. Let's try to finish these writing assignments by December 1, giving you a month margin. Here are some important areas to attend to for you to be successful in writing: Get up early and go to bed early; plan time for writing; and put God first always.

Remember, putting God first will allow him to make your other time more productive than if you did not spend that time with Him. You are a Christian writer at heart, so it makes sense that you spend time with God every morning and throughout the day. You're doing this for Him, to give his honor and praise (All glory to Father. Amen). You will be surprised what you can get done in a day if you put God first. The day will be easy, things will flow together with ease and you save a great deal of time.

Listed below are daily actives that you do. They do not have to be done every day, but let's try for at least 3 times a week. You can mix and match through the week.

*Bullet*Spelling
*Bullet*Grammar
*Bullet*Vocabulary

You need these skills to improve your writing and make you a more successful writer. It only hinders you when you have to stop and try to get Google to understand what word you're trying to spell. Google is a great tool to figure out those hard to spell words. However, you can not rely on it forever. Continue in writing down each word you do not know and practice them each day. Take time throughout the week to force on the other areas as well. You already believe God will improve your writing skills. So let it be done as you have said.

Remember to write in your Limitless Love Devotional Journal each day. It does not matter if you post it on your blog. Just take time each day to write and meditate on it. You can go back later to edit it and add the scripture references. Don't forget to give your best effort when writing; it's not about just doing it to do it. You're learning about God as your write in your journal. Your best ideas come as your write. They flow out of your as your writing in the moment. And God is the one that is giving you these ideas. Do not get impatient and worry about time—forget about time. Just do your best always. Take it day by day, forcing on that day and do not let the overall project overwhelm you into defeat.

At least 3 times a week write something from writing prompts. They are design to exercise your mind and improve your writing skills. They will produce many new ideas giving birth to new stories. Writing prompts can give you ideas to improve or expand your current stories. You do not have to follow the writing prompts exactly (unless it's a contest), used it more like a guideline. And have fun with it. Always have fun when writing. There is no point in writing if you are going to be bored and miserable.

Take time to read your creative writing book and do the exercises in them. It had been sitting on the shelf for many years. Remember you bought it for yourself as a birthday present. So make use of it. It will teach you the writing skills that will fine turn those raw skills in you. Raw ore is useless in its current state. Raw ore has the potential to be something great; you just have to purify it. Then the hidden value is discovered.

It's so easy today to share your writing. You have many websites that you can post to and you can even own your own website with no or little cost. So continue to work on your website adding to it all the time. Each week try to post at least three articles. May sure that you did you best on them. And that you are not posting just to post. These are representing God. It is for His glory not yours. So just posting so that you can have something up there is just defeating the purpose. Trust that God will send people to your website. You force on learning about God. Then the articles that you write will be truthful and will represent your Lord and Savior. In Matthew 6:33 it says, "Instead, desire first and foremost God's kingdom and God's righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well".

Keep in mind that you do not have to be perfect, just do your best. You can always go back later and improve what you wrote. As you grow as a writer, as your skill is increasing, let your previous works show you your progress. Then you can improve your previous writings and expand of them.

You know that God will supply all your needs. He will give you the ideas you need. As you write He is your partner guiding as you write. With His help you will produce something that you couldn't have done on your own. What you write will help many people to learn more about God and his love for them. All glory and praise to our Heavenly Father.

Take the notes that you write from your bible reading each morning and write a reflection essay. Most of the work is done already in your notes. Then you can take from the essay and transform it into a finish article that will educate people on God's word. It will also help you to learn more about your Heavenly Father.

You have always known that you will be a writer since you were about 8. You dream of publishing novels and short stories. "Today's the Day...", the quote that God placed in your heart. Remember that each day as your write. It's not important what you did yesterday or will do tomorrow—just force on today.

This year have at least 10-12 short stories and a rough draft of your first novel. You might be able to do more than 12 short stories, but you do not want to overwhelm yourself. You still need time for revision and improvement. As well as all your other writing goals. This is about doing your best for God. Not about producing content like Hollywood does. You see the results of their trash.

When you write it is important to read other peoples writing on the genres and subjects you want to write about. And besides you like to read. Take the time to read about 10 novels this year. It's enjoyable, fun, and relaxing. Just do not binge read. I know you like reading that way, but you have other uses for your time. Also, do not read, watch, or listen to anything that will contaminate your writing. Everything you take in will come out somewhere in your writing, so do not take in any mental trash.

It should not matter if no one ever reads anything you write. Or if no one ever likes what you write. Who cares? They are plenty of examples of famous writers that were told that they couldn't write. So do not give up hope. God already told you will do great things with your writing—they will honor and glorify Him. He put all your skills in you. He has a plan for your life. Do not forget Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". So choose to believe Him instead of others or what you're able to see with your natural eyes.

And let's not forget about writing.com. You just spend money on a year's membership thanks to a 50% discount (Praise God). Don't let it go to waste. There are many people here that will give your feedback and it is a great place for exposure. Now if you can get writing.com to add some Christian genres that would be great. Remember take it one day at a time.

Remember writing is fun. If it ever becomes boring or feels like your obligation to write then stop and pause. Take a break and rethink what lead to that. Pray to the Heavenly Father and fast. Writing should be fun and enjoyable. And you know how much you enjoy writing. So just remember to always have fun.


Today's the Day...
Joshua Penick


An entry for "Dear Me: Official WDC Contest
Word Count: 1645
© Copyright 2014 Agape Novels (joshuapenick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974755-Todays-the-Day