*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974777-GATE-for-Chemical-Engineering
Rated: E · Article · Career · #1974777
Chemical Engineering is the branch of engineering concerned with the design, construction.
Chemical Engineering is the branch of engineering concerned with the design, construction, and operation of machines and plants that perform chemical reactions to solve practical problems or make useful products. It deals with the application of physical science and life sciences with mathematic, to the process of converting raw materials or chemicals into more useful or valuable forms. Engineers in this field use math, physics, and economics to solve technical problems. They design and invent new processes. Engineers in this field are employed by almost all companies in the chemical process industry. Chemical engineers can find jobs in chemical industries, petrochemical industries, manufacturing plants, mining industries, research Institutes, and Natural Gas industry etc.

Core Subjects
• Chemical Process Principles
• Inorganic and Physical Chemistry
• Organic Chemistry
• Fluid and Particle Mechanics
• Chemical Engineering
• Thermodynamics
• Process Dynamics and Control
• Economics
• Management of Chemical Industries
• Bio-chemical Engineering

Further Education
After completing a BTech/ BE, students can opt for MTech/ MS.

Job Profiles
Your task will be to design, install and maintain plants of large-scale processes in oil, chemical, pharmaceutical industries, mineral-based industries, petrochemical plants, synthetic fibres and petroleum refining plants.
Chemical engineering is applied in the manufacture of a wide variety of products such as inorganic and organic industrial chemicals, ceramics, fuels and petrochemicals, fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides, plastics and elastomers, explosives, detergents and detergent products (soap, shampoo, cleaning fluids), fragrances and flavors, additives, dietary supplements and pharmaceuticals. It is also used in wood processing, food processing and paints industry.

Top Recruiters
Some major recruiters in India are:
• BPCL
• HPCL
• Indian Oil
• GAIL
• Piramal Healthcare
• Ranbaxy
• Pfizer
• HLL
• Nirma

© Copyright 2014 vaniinstitute (vanigateexam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974777-GATE-for-Chemical-Engineering