*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974912-SAD
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1974912
Disciption of misery
                                                                                SAD
   
  The first thing that I notice when looking at someone sad is the feeling of strong emotion that sweeps over me. I’m not sure if it is a feeling of compassion that I feel for that person or if it something much deeper. Something that seems to eat away at the very fabric of my being. Like a heavy weight being placed on my back. I can feel the burden trying to pull me down into a dark place of misery.
I notice the slumped posture, shoulders down. That look as if he has been possessed by some demon. The same one that haunts all of our nightmares from time to time. I see the furrowed brow, the face pulled tight. His head is bent forward as if all muscle control has left his body.
The air around him seems heavy and stagnate, as if in a thick dull gray fog that wraps around everything with tenuous silky fingers of despair. As he looks up I notice his eyes. Oh my God. The eyes. I have heard that the eyes are the windows to the soul, but all I see is that dead doll stare. Black pits that seem to fall away into a world which will hold nothing but fields of sharp jagged mounds of lava rock. Spires shooting up into nothing but dark boiling clouds spinning wildly from every direction.
His eyes appear to be looking but at the same time not being able to look. I desperately long to be able to help but at the same time I want to run away as fast as I can from this poor tortured soul. The only escape though, the only way to get out of this is to look away from the mirror and run. I am still screaming inside.
© Copyright 2014 cougar2065 (cougar2065 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974912-SAD