*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1975132-Whisper
by Simona
Rated: E · Prose · Dark · #1975132
An old ladys' battle with cancer and temptation comes her way..but by who?
Like a serpent, it sneaks through the grass and whispers in her ear…then, she feels cold… her brittle bones creak as she walks in fear, but her heart pounds strong, She will not disappear nor will she wallow in sorrow as time grows near.

The cancer may feed on her bones like a hungered vulture starved alone with sight so strong it burns the road he lands on.  A glimpse of her reflection on the glass door, of a posture she knows  no more. Yet a spirit strong as her life filled with love and devotion, like a ship in the ocean, breaking through the harsh old angry ocean, that is her, that is who she is.

Proud to show her pain, cancer shall see her warrior side, it may have beaten her body, but it shall not CONQUER her mind. A whisper again, louder in her ear, she could turn back time, would it change the path of pain? If she vowed her life to God, maybe walked a celibate life? If she swore her life to Christ, would it be a cancer free life?

Dark whispers in her ear, “denounce your life, your kids lives too. You could sin all through the night, dance recklessly under the moonlight.”  But, as she looks at her children’s smiles, and her grandchildren’s toys…NO! She screams!

She will not change a single thing, SHE WILL NOT DENY their lives! They are her life, her joy, her everything, She would not reject them if she went back in time. She will fight the cancer with every breath she takes.
No! She screams, and the whisper disappears with the serpent from the fields, and so does the sound within her ears.
© Copyright 2014 Simona (simonajane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1975132-Whisper