*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1976203-The-Legend-of-Nightmare
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1976203
I explain the unknown and rarely told Legend of Nightmare,or the Azure Knight.
The Legend of the Azure Knight begins with the traits of the soul,and it's purpose.
A soul is:
An anchor that keeps us from descending into darkness.
The ability to express religion and emotional views.
The the ability to think of our destiny and the effect of our sins to the others around us.
The ability to recognize our flaws and our strengths.

Now that we understand the purpose of a soul and what it is,we look into the Azure Knight himself.
Nightmare is a shadow of hatred and divinity,meaning that also this figure is not only shadow but the only shadow to EXPRESS emotion.Let me rephrase on that.Nightmare is a shadow.But is made up of DIVINE shadow and HATRED.Not only does this mean he ORIGINATED from AN emotion,but as he EVOLVED,he LEARNED to express EMOTION.
Now the Azure Knight is a spirit of a Shadow,it travels across the land searching for a host.Once attached the Azure will begin to intertwine with the host and become one inside the host's body from BIRTH.This means Nightmare is not just one person or figure,but many persons and figures spread across TIME itself.
Now what is Nightmare's PURPOSE?
To KILL the unworthy and STEAL their SOUL.Now remember,I explained that a soul is VITAL to human LIFE.
Now we also know that Nightmare originated from SHADOW,but also from the Angels of Heaven too.They designed him to be the WRATH OF GOD.Nightmare is the ultimate wrath of God.To devour your soul and make you an empty shell of body parts.That is his purpose.
Now let's look into his origin.
Nightmare began life at the CREATION of Adam and Eve,meaning he was there at the beginning of RECORDED TIME.Yes,you heard me correctly.This unholy/wrath-filled monster has been around been the BEGINNING.Stealing the souls of the unworthy and the betrayers of God since the creation of MAN.Now recorded events have told us that the Azure Knight began his purest form of tyranny around the time of Alexander the Great and the Revolutionary War.Only one recorded event has ever been exposed of Nightmare.During the Battle of Thermopylae,only one Spartan noticed that one of the Immortals wasn't like the others.This Immortal was Nightmare.Let's look into the report itself."I stood my ground against the monster.His amour was very advanced,even for the Persian forces.He seemed to radiate evil and darkness.Only one eye gleamed from the darkness that surrounded him.And as I examined in awe,he spoke to me,"I am the Wrath of God,therefore I cannot kill a man that has not sinned,although I would love to hear your anguish,I cannot break my own divinity.I will allow you to live and return to your family,but remember these words carefully,"A unit of men can only do so much damage,but in unity,when a country unites as one,that unit of men can do so much more.","Spartan after the third day,return to your family and repeat my words of the divine."That was what was told.The Azure Knight was later reported hung for treason by the Persians themselves and the soul wandered on.This is all I know now but once I get more information I will continue to explain to you about the Azure Knight.
© Copyright 2014 TheForgottenOne (darktriforce at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1976203-The-Legend-of-Nightmare