*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977019-Hello-Sarah
by Quaden
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1977019
A boyfriend says 'hello' to a loved one.
         “Hello Sarah, this is Michael, but you probably already know that. We got your letter. One question, ‘Why?’ I wish you were here right now. I miss you so much. How was Wyoming? Did the art job go well? You could of called and asked for help. I feel we left you there with nowhere to turn, although, I am glad you’re back in Minnesota…”

         ‘For as much as it hath pleased Almighty God…’

         “Sorry about the noise in the background I’m at your funeral. I have some news, I quit smoking. It’s been about 6 months. You hated it, I see that now, all too late, but I do. I’m sorry if I did anything to hurt you. I suppose the damage is done…”

         ‘Ashes to ashes...’

         “Those words seem so meaningless. Will you ever forgive me? We could’ve stayed in Minnesota and never went to California. Denny told me you had lived in Los Angeles. Was that before your Father passed? You should’ve told me. We could’ve stayed here and fought…I miss those fights. You were so cute when you used me as punching bag. I’ll always remember the time I tried to kick you in my stocking feet. Remember? In our old apartment… You put me on my ass. You stood there laughing. I let you win. I always did. The bruises are still there. They, the doctors, tell me it will heal and the pain will go away. I hope it doesn’t!

         “Sarah why don’t you answer? I know you’re there! The phone is right next to you! Why did you stop speaking to me? I was always here for you. Am I a bad person? Did I deserve it, you leaving me? You shutting me out of your life? They told me it was your choice. I ask you again, ‘Why?’ Why did you leave?”

         ‘Dust to dust…’

         “Buried in the ground. That’s where the past could’ve stayed! If you only told me! God, I miss you! Your letter said you didn’t blame me. They tell me you are to blame but I don’t believe them. I could of helped you! Why didn’t you let me help?

         “There are so many people here today. It’s cold and wet. I am screaming inside so loud I think other people can hear. They keep coming to me, giving condolences, saying ‘Sorry for your loss.’ I just smile. I’m the one that’s sorry! I wish I could tell you in person.”

         Beep, beep, beep!

         “That’s my phone, the battery is dying. Kinda ironic, I wonder how long your phone battery will last… I am so glad I gave it back to you.

         “They told me if I called and left you a message it might help, even if there was no answer. God I hope you don’t. That would be awkward. Sarah, I’m sorry…I love you…”

         ‘We therefore commit her body to the ground…’

         “Sarah, it’s time to let you go. In time I will see you again. I hope you would’ve forgiven me by then. Can you hold a grudge for eternity? This will be my last message to you. Besides, you’ve had a change of address and probably changed your number. I am so sorry for what I have done. Give my regards to your Father. Oh…your Mother says hello.”
© Copyright 2014 Quaden (quaden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977019-Hello-Sarah