*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977644-Valentines-Day-Thank-You
Rated: E · Monologue · Romance/Love · #1977644
A brief memory of my wife, and a thank you to all the rest.
{Author's note: I wrote this as a Valentine's Day post to my Instagram. This all would make more sense if the picture associated with this post was available here in this site. The image is a sun flower and a rose I held together as I took a picture (here's a link to see the post on Instagram: http://web.stagram.com/p/655845204252531704_411371893 ). Thank you so much for reading. I hope you like it.}


The lady at the counter of this shop was looking at me thinking I was strange (what's new) as I positioned these flowers for this shot. Chill the shit out lady, I bought them you see...

Right. So, I remember my wife didn't really like to get roses on Valentine's Day. Something about them being overdone. Actually...come to think of it, I don't think Jessie was a big fan of roses. I may be wrong though. A woman's love of roses is embedded in their DNA or something, isn't it?

At any rate, Jess was always insistent for colourful flowers on this day. Even though her favorite flowers were lilacs, she would prefer a giant sun flower or daisies instead of roses today. It was those little things I came to love. They made me go mad sometimes (trying please her preference), but I loved them nonetheless.

I have so many memories of my wife and of Valentine's with her, but I won't bore you with them today. I'll just say this...

All you women out there, every single one of you, you are beautiful and magnificent in every way. Wives, girlfriends, daughters, mothers, significant others (ha! that rhymes); all of you deserve so much love and the very best not just today, but everyday. You are the greatest thing to happen to us men. Any lad whose lucky enough to be part your lives should know this. Know that we would be nothing without all of you. I lead the example of such loss.

Over the years I was married, I sort of came to realize Valentine's Day wasn't just some stupid industry campaigned holiday centralized on love, but rather, it was a day to celebrate women as a whole. Not just for how awesome you girls are, or how much influence you have over us, but for making us happy. For making us crazy, for pushing us, for holding on to us when we didn't deserve you. For being so soft, for being so stubborn and ultimately...for loving us back. Yes this day is about love and all that, but it's also just for you, like a second birthday haha. I may be wrong, but that's just what I think.

So, to all of you wonderful women everywhere, thank you for being you. Cheers, lots of love and I wish you a great Valentine's Day.
© Copyright 2014 Alexandre4577 (alexandre4577 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977644-Valentines-Day-Thank-You