*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977687-A-Message-To-All-Parents
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Guppii
Rated: E · Prose · Family · #1977687
The common sense that us kids possess sometimes.
I know you love your kids. I really do. But, if you expect us to come back and visit you voluntarily after we move out, don't treat us like your property while you have us. The more you smother us, the less we'll want to come back. I've noticed my parents only interfering in situations where I could embarass them like a dog or something. We are not your property! We can be taken away from you whenever the government decides necessary! That is why I'm going to just leave my parents behind. They've done a lot for me but they haven't let me grow to check things out for myself. That's also another reeason why I do half the insane stuff I do on a daily basis. The strickest parents can have the worst kids. I'm afraid when I get out of my parents' house that I'm going to explode with drugs and alcohol and doing the diddle because of how strict my parents have been. The people I know right now that are the best kids are the ones with the most laid back parents. I know most people get mad when you try to tell them how to parent but I would want to know how to make my kid the best they can be, even if it means not getting involved at all. I know you may not want to listen to me because I'm 17 but it's best to take it from someone who watches everything the kids do behind your backs and trust me, the only people I can lie to very easily without regretting it is my parents. This is coming from a fellow teenager.


© Copyright 2014 Guppii (guppiipond at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977687-A-Message-To-All-Parents