*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978253-Contest-entry-FF-22114
by Bounti
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1978253
Prompt: Tell the truth for once in your life
Sweat beaded up on his forehead, filling the wrinkles, then dripped down the sides of his face when he raised his eyebrows.  He rubbed his eyes and face with his hands.  "Can I get some water please."  He asked the man sitting across the table from him in the windowless room. 

"Sure, Jimmy, as soon as you tell us what we want to know.  No more crazy stories."  The man reached back and plucked a bottle of water off a shelf and put it on the table out of reach.

Jimmy eyed the water, then looked up.  "You're evil Stan, just evil.  I've been telling you the truth.  It may sound crazy, but it's the truth."

"Yeah, right.  Jimmy, nobody is going to believe that a midget climbed up over the edge of the road and stole the bag from the car as you were takin' a leak."

"But it's the truth, Stan.  I was standing their doing my business and I heard something, I turned and there was this little guy jumping out of the car with the bag.  I don't know where he came from.  I shouted and ran after him but he just disappeared into the woods.  I searched for what seemed like just a few minutes before I returned to the car and drove to the nearest place I could get a signal to call it in.  I don't know where the hours went"

"Who'd ya sell the gold to Jimmy.  Tell the truth for once in your life. " Stan demanded again.

Sweating even more profusely as he realized no one would ever believe him, even if he told him about the green hat and pointed green shoes.  Heck, he didn't believe himself, but he knew it was the truth. 

© Copyright 2014 Bounti (bounti at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978253-Contest-entry-FF-22114