*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978261-Thinking-about-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · How-To/Advice · #1978261
My view on love, after falling twice for the same guy and moving on with my life.
Thinking about Love



Young love can be difficult. How do you know if it’s real? It feels real, but does that mean it is? I think young love is like a paper cut. So painfully there to begin with, but once the pain ebbs away you realise there isn't anything there, just a small cut that may take a while to heal.
As I've got older I have realised that love is what you make it. It’s hard and painful, but beautiful and magical. Like life. If you can’t handle the rough times, you don’t deserve the amazing times. You've got to be willing to work at it and trust yourself about what you feel. You've also got to be strong enough to walk away if it isn't working. You might be in love with this person, but that doesn't mean they are ready to love you back. They might never be ready. There’s no point giving yourself to someone who doesn't really want you. Staying with someone just because one day they might feel that way about you too. You could spend all this time hopelessly waiting for them to love you back, but think of all the people you could meet in that time. Maybe the love of your life, maybe just new friends. Don’t spend your life waiting, spend it living. You might be surprised.

Food for thought.
© Copyright 2014 HiddenTreasure90 (cee.j.evans at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978261-Thinking-about-Love