*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979041-A-dream
by ~Bree~
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1979041
A short story of a quiet nightmare I once had concerning two quiet abused girls.
         I had come to visit with the curly haired girl of imprisonment in this very building, as I too, was imprisoned here, only she held higher class…or perhaps it was more I am certain it was not my home even as I lived there; I sat in her room on the hard marble floor that reflected a white ceiling, with walls painted a light purple. Dark and crooked, a room of nightmare, I hated the ominous feel of this house and yet the wayward feeling of the room both gave me relief for feeling safe away from monsters, and yet horror.
         Content for what she ever could be, the girl tensely sat, somewhat curled into herself on the edge of her bed, placed in the far left corner, as she always did; words were less available as she felt there was nothing to be said, even to I, her visitor tonight.
         A jumbled sound and my head snapped up coincidentally at the crooked cross indented in the wall; foreshadowing; it’s vertical line deep and thick in the wall created a short smooth ditch. The horizontal line above center and a little shorter than that of the vertical line, was more semi indented on the outside but jutted out a fraction of an inch with gold bulbs along it; it looked…not overly strait and put an upsetting twist inside me as I grew with fear, knowing.
The door behind flew open and the girl’s keeper came in to check on her; this was the usual, we wished it wasn’t, it was horrible and something would happen. In came a few servants and one man, a nasty wicked man came and took me up under my arms and dragged me out. I thought and wondered if they knew about him, what he was and did, as I screamed and yelled; I wanted to stay with the girl and keep her well and right, but that wasn’t an option. The chimera of my conscious, subconscious, pulled me along through the hellish house and down stairs, to the cold dank basement, threw me onto the floor. I sat there waiting for something rancid to happen. He was my keeper, and not sweet nor kind but an abusing monster.
The girl was another trapped abused here, yet her monster was not around in this place that was supposed to help her. I knew for the basics she should be okay, the fiend that owned me, was less likely to harm her, yet still there was always a chance. And for now…what was going to happen for either of us? She was being stuck with needles and I…the monster shall punish.
© Copyright 2014 ~Bree~ (bree01313 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979041-A-dream