*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979515-Your-Good-Deeds-Will-Find-You-Out
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Inspirational · #1979515
Devotional
This world could use more ‘Mary’s’, I was thinking as she drove me to my dentist appointment.  I wasn’t sure I could drive home after they pulled my tooth so I asked Mary to take me.  It gave me a chance to share the good gossip with her.

Earlier when I told my co-worker, Natalie, that Mary was driving me to the dentist, she told me how much she liked Mary.  “She is such a nice lady,” she said.” When I mentioned I needed to get an item next time I went to town, the next time Mary went to that store, she bought me one.  Another time she gave me a bunch of money when she found out I was going on a trip.”

I wasn’t the first person Mary had taken to appointments. I have a feeling she does it a lot. She does many other things as well, like helping with the Food Pantry. She purchases all the food, arranges it on the shelves, and gives it out on distribution day.  If you cannot make it on that day, she will open up the pantry special, just for you.

A couple of months ago, the town honored her and her husband for their endless caring of foster children.  Not only have they taken in many foster kids through the years, they adopted four of those children as their own. 

Now I am not one for gossip, but when I heard she has been doing many kind things around town, I wanted to let her know it doesn’t go unnoticed. 

Mary is an encouragement to us all. She doesn’t ask or expect recognition for all the little things she does. She’s just a wonderful woman with a big heart, a heart given to her by God. And those good deeds done in secret He will reward openly.

Let’s all be a little more like Mary!

Matt. 6:3,4 (KJV) But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth; that thine alms may be in secret and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
© Copyright 2014 LaVonne (4hisglory2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979515-Your-Good-Deeds-Will-Find-You-Out