*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979844-The-Perfect-Soldier
by Mandy
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1979844
This is 2 chapters out of the book I am working on. It is from 2 POVs.
    Intro: This is  a few chapters in the book. Two teen girls (Avery and Kimberlee) where picked up by Secret Agents the day before because their parents where S.A.s the parents where made perfect (like Captain America, kinda) and other countries saw them as a threat and sent assassins to kill them and did kill them
    There were other agents too and they had some kids. All the kids where brought in to the headquarter because more assassins were sent thinking the children were also special. Which they find out they are a little special, but it is ceond generation, so it is not so powerful.     
    I hope you can follow. If you want to rest just message me. :) I would like your feedback so I can improve.                                 

                                                      The First Day
                                                            (Avery)



         When I woke up next morning, it took me a minute to remember where I was. As I stared at the dresser, I tried to remember why I was in a room that was not my room. “Where am I?” I asked the dresser.
           A loud snore from Kim was all I needed. Suddenly, I remembered the events of the previous day. So that explained why this room wasn’t familiar, then my heart sank. I had been hoping against hope that this whole spy thing had all been a dream, but I knew immediately that it wasn’t. I slapped the big bundle of blanket next to me.
           “Kim, wake up!” I said. “We’re still here.”
         The blanket burrito unraveled to reveal the rather groggy face of my friend. I looked at her, half-expecting to catch on right away. But all she did was roll over.
           “Ten… more… minutes …mom…” She mumbled sleepily.
I sighed. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.
         “All right, Ma’am, this is important!” I said, mimicking Smith’s ma’am and Southern drawl perfectly and shaking Kim hard.
         Finally, my friend woke up.
    “Hey, Aves, what’s going on?” She asked, looking around. I reminded her quickly of the day before. After a few minutes of silence, she said, “So what do we do now?”
         “Didn’t Ray say that he would send someone to wake us for breakfast?” I asked.
         “Yeah. Has he come yet?”
          As if to answer Kim’s question, there was a knock at the door.
             “Ok then, I guess that’s a no,” Kim said.
           “Come in!” I called.
             A man about Ray’s age entered the room. He had dark skin, brown eyes, and a buzz cut. Like every other secret agent we’d met so far, he wore a black tuxedo. He smiled when he saw Kim and I together in bed.
           “Oh, there you are,” he said to me. “I went to your room to get you, but it was empty. Was there anything wrong with your room?”
           “No, actually, it was just fine,” I said, slightly puzzled about our visitor’s friendliness, but realizing at the same time that this wasn’t the weirdest thing I’d seen in the last twenty four hours.
         “Okay then…” said the stranger. “I’m Joseph. I’m Ray’s assistant.”
         “Great,” Kim said. It seemed to me that Kim was enjoying this adventure a little more than I was. I wondered how long it would take for me to be as comfortable as her.
         After we had introduced ourselves, Joseph showed me to my room and told me to get ready for breakfast, then left.
         After examining my room, which was exactly like Kim’s accept for the untouched bed, which had a black comforter, I changed clothes.
         When I came out of my room fifteen minutes later, wearing black pants, boots, and a black shirt, I found Kim waiting for me.
         “Nice costume,” She said, as we rode the elevator to the cafeteria. She was wearing the same thing, so I said, “I know. You look like you jumped right out of a spy movie!”
Kim laughed. “Yeah, accept I think these guys are Secret Agents.”
         “I guess we’ll find out soon,” I said.
         Breakfast was delicious. As I came from the counter with a plateful of bacon, eggs,and fruit, (I guess they wanted to keep us healthy,) I passed a table where Ray, Smith, and Joseph were sitting with seven or eight other adults. As I passed, I heard Ray say, “I picked up the last of the group yesterday. One of them seemed so nervous, she probably wet her pants”- must be Kim - “But the other one has quite a temper.” He looked around, trying to point me out to his lady friend.
         But I had already had sat down with Kim at an empty table, too embarrassed and angry to eat. The bacon grew cold on my plate. Kim said nothing. I wondered how much she had heard of Ray’s comments. Hopefully, nothing.
Just then the cafeteria door opened and two boys - I guess they were a little older than us - came in.
         “Did we miss the bacon?” One of them called. He had short, light brown hair and brown eyes. As he passed our table to get to the counter, he said ,”Hey, Eliot, newbies!”
           The other boy, who must have been Eliot, smiled at Kim and I. He had wavy hair that was a bit darker than the other boy’s, and his eyes were blue.
           I glanced back at them as they got their food.
           “Hey, someone our age,” I said. (And cute, too, I thought to myself.)
  In a minute, the boys were back at our table.
           “Mind if we join you?” Eliot asked, while the other boy set his plate down as if to settle the matter.
         “Sure,” I said. Although, I didn’t think much of the boy who had seated himself across from me and was now savagely devouring his eggs in the typical 16 year old boy fashion, I was rather pleased with Eliot’s good manners. It was hard to decide whether to watch the boy in front of me battle with his eggs or Eliot and Kim, who had already made friends and were now chatting away.
         I decided to devote my attention to the last pair when I heard Kim telling the story of how we were kidnapped.
         The other boy looked up from his plate for the first time.
         “Dude, you must be the Wilson and Maxwell kids!” He exclaimed. “Ray said he’d be bringing you here.”
         “Yeah…” I took an awkward bite of egg which would have been delicious if it hadn’t been stone cold.
         “Anyway,” Jordan continued “You never told us your first names.”
         “Mine’s Avery,” I said.
         “And I’m Kim,” said.
         “I’m Jordan and this is Eliot,” said the former, motioning to his friend next to him.          “There’s  another girl, but she’s not here yet. Eliot, did you see Sylvia at all today?” Jordan asked.
         “Yeah, she has a headache, so you probably won’t see her much today,” Eliot explained.
         “Of all days to get a headache,” Jordan morned. “The day we get new recrutes!”
         Something about the way he said ‘new recrute’ sent a chill down my spine. As if we were…
         “That’s ok. Sylvia has plenty of chances to meet you,” Eliot confronted. “I mean, it’s not like you’ll be leaving any time soon.”
         Kim and I looked at each other. Eliot couldn’t have meant to scare us, but the the truth in his words was beginning to sink in. What if we really were stuck here for the rest of our lives? I mean, this place seemed nice enough but our California seemed miles away. More like a life time away.
         “You ok?”Jordan had finished his plate and could now devote his full attention on Kim and I.
         “Oh, were’er fine… just a weird moment,”  I said. I wondered if Kim felt the same way I did about our situation: scared. I’d never admit it to anyone, but all I wanted to do was hop in the jet that had brought us here and fly back to my home, my school, and my parents. Whether they  were my real parents or not, I still new them and loved them anyway, I wondered if I left, would Kim come with me?


    ***

         “Careful, ma’am, this ain’t your regular Nerf gun!”
            I stood back as Kim took the giant machine gun from Smith.
         “Are you sure I should start with this?” My friend asked, almost dropping the giant weapon, it was so heavy.
         “Sure,” Smith didn’t give a thought to it. “I always start with this baby when it comes to training y’all young ones.”
         “Yes, Smith,”said Ray, who had just joined us in the gun range connected to the training room where Kim and I were showing Smith what we could and, more importantly, what we couldn’t do with a gun. “But I don’t think these kids have as much…er…experience as the others did.” To Kim’s obvious relief, Ray picked up a much smaller gun from the wall, where the weapons were kept. I heard Smith murmuring under his breath, but he let Kim take the gun.
           I watched as Ray showed Kim how to aim at the target which was basically a drawing of the top part of a person (I couldn’t tell whether it was male or female.)
         I held my breath as Kim pulled the trigger and sent the plastic bullet flying right into the center of the target.
         For a second, both trainers were speechless. Then Smith said, “Excellent job, Kim, that was quite impressive.”
         So far, I hadn’t heard Smith use our actual names, so the fact that he didn’t say ma’am gave the impression that he really was impressed.
         Then it was my turn.
         As I took the gun tutorial from Smith, I could feel my heart beating faster.
         ...I aimed, trying to keep my eye on the target. I pulled the safety catch, then stopped suddenly when I heard the sound of footsteps coming down the hall. I turned to see who it was. That was my fatal mistake. As I turned, I accidentally pulled the trigger, and the plastic bullet went flying past the doorway until it hit the worst person imaginable: a girl about our age with long, blond hair. It probably doesn't sound like a night mare to you, but the way that girl looked at me made me feel like a criminal. I was lucky it only hit her toe.
         "Hey, watch it!" She said.
           "Sorry," I managed. I was probably totally red, and I tried not to look at Smith or Ray. I heard Kim give a sympathetic gasp.
         "Sylvia, what are you doing here?" Ray asked. I knew he was just trying to get us past that awkward moment, and I was grateful.
             The girl shrugged. "I was going to practice shooting, but I see now isn't the best time."  She looked at me. "And maybe you could pay attention, Klutz."
         Klutz! My famous temper was rising to a boil.
           "Sure," I said. "I mean, it's not like that was an accident or anything! Can't you have some sympathy, lady?"
         Silence.
         "Sorry," I said, blushing. I was embarrassed that my temper had gotten away with me again. And after Ray had pointed me out for my temper, too. My ego was slowly crumbling.
             Sylvia whistled. "Whew! Now I know not to mess with you. What's your name, anyway?"
    I didn't really want to answer, but what else was I supposed to do?
             "Avery," I said shortly.
             "Cool," was the equally short response, as Sylvia turned to Kim, whom she had apparently just noticed. Her tone changed a little. "Oh, hi, I'm Sylvia!" She said.
             "Oh...I'm Kim," said Kim, uncertain as to weather she should be nice to Sylvia or not. Wisely, she decided to stay on the girl's nice side. "So, are you an instructor or something?"
          Sylvia laughed a little. "I wish," she said. "But I can see that you aren't!"
          More laughter. Kim and I looked at each other. This girl wasn't very sensitive about our feelings. I knew we both agreed on that.
          Thankfully, Ray realized our dilemma. "Sorry, Sylvia, but we're in the middle of training. Could you come back later?"
          Sylvia shrugged. "Ok, whatever." She started for the door.
               "It was cool meeting you!" Kim called as our new acquaintance left. It was probably a bad idea, considering that I was already in a bad place with Sylvia, but I added, "Yeah, and next time, watch where you're going, or you might get shot with a real bullet!"
               Kim looked at me like I was crazy, and Sylvia gave me her meanest I'll kill you later stare yet. I didn't care. I did not like Sylvia one bit, and I was just fine with that.
               Despite the rocky start, our shooting session with the trainers passed quickly. I did fine, for the most part, as far as no one got shot again, and Kim did great. But I admit, I was exhausted when Ray finally announced that it was time for lunch. As Kim and I headed to the cafeteria, I hoped that Sylvia wouldn't be there.
               Of course, when we got there, the first person I saw was my new nemesis. She was sitting next to Jordan and Eliot, chatting as she ate her pizza slice. When the three kids saw Kim and I, the boys gave us huge smiles. Sylvia smiled at Kim, but refused to acknowledge my existence. I ignored her. Jordan and Eliot were nice enough. I didn't need to worry about what one snooty teen thought of me.
             As we sat down with our pizza, Jordan said, "Welcome back, Newbies. Sylvia was just telling us about your shooting session." He gave me a mischievous smile and whispered, "Tough luck."
             Blushing, I glanced at Sylvia, who was sitting next to Eliot a few seats away from me, to see if she'd heard. When I was sure she hadn't, I stopped blushing and grinned back at Jordan. I was starting to like this kid, despite his slightly annoying ways. He definitely knew how to make me feel better. For the first time in the last day or two, I was feeling totally relaxed.
             After lunch, we were allowed to go back to our 'apartments' until 3:30, when we would meet in the conference room for a welcoming speech for Kim and I. As I walked with Kim to our rooms, we discussed our day so far.
             "Looks like you and Jordan are beginning to like each other," Kim said.
             "He's not so bad," I agreed. "at least, he's better than Sylvia."
             "She might have been nicer if you hadn't been so rude," Kim couldn't help saying. "At least, she was pretty nice with the rest of us."
             I was hurt. My own friend was against me! And after all we'd been through together, too. "Well why don't you just hang out with her, if you like her so much," I shot back.
             "Sorry Aves, I wasn't trying to hurt you," Kim said. "It's just that, well...it was kind of mean of you to yell at her the way you did."
             "I guess you're right...but still, it's not like she had to get all mean and stuff.” Kim laughed. "Yeah, but nobody I know of enjoys getting hit by a plastic bullet!"
               "Well, even if I didn't actually learn to shoot, I did learn one very important lesson."
               "What's that?"
               "Never pull the safety trigger until you absolutely have to!" I said.
               "Oh, Avery!" Kim laughed, as the two of us went into our rooms.
               When I opened the door, the first thing I saw was my freshly made bed. They must have maids here, I thought. That bed sure looked comfy. Surely a five minute snooze wouldn't hurt anything....
                                                                  ***

        "Avery!" Kim laughed. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I noticed that the light in my room had changed since I first dozed off. "What time is it?" I asked sleepily. Kim laughed again.
          "Well, if you must know...it's 5:15, and almost time for dinner."
          "But..." I stammered, "I thought we were supposed to get up at around three-ish. Why is it so late?"
          "Smith and the others let you off the hook," Kim explained. "When you didn't show up at the right time, the others assumed you'd fallen asleep, and let you be. But I figured you would want to get up for dinner."
          "Yeah, thanks Kim." I was really embarrassed that I'd slept so late. What would Sylvia have to say about that?
          "Come on to the cafeteria, Aves," Kim said, stretching out her hand.
          "Oh, you go ahead, Kim," I said. "I'll meet you there."
          "Well, okay, but hurry. I want to be able to sit next to each other, if you don't mind."
          I agreed, and Kim went ahead. I was soon to follow, after giving my teeth a quick brush and my hair, too.
          So much for our dinner plans. When I got to the cafeteria, Kim was squished between Eliot and Jordan, and the only place for me to sit was next to Sylvia. Of course, neither of us were too happy about the new seating order, and we both made sure the other knew it but ignoring each other all through dinner.
      ''So, what did I miss?'' I asked my friends who would still talk to me.
      "Not much," Jordan sighed. Just some long welcome speech from Smith for you two Newbies."
      I gave him a look. "I would have liked to be there."
      "It's really just as well you slept through it," said Eliot. I mean, you know Smith..."
      "Still would have wanted to go," I said.
      "I thought you would have liked to be there, but I couldn't change the others' minds," Kim said, trying to justify herself.
      "Oh well," I sighed. "Maybe there will be another speech some time. Anyway, what's on the agenda for this evening?"
    "I don't know, exactly," Eliot said. "What happens in the evenings depend on what the Heads decide."
           Just then, Ray came up to our table with his usual grin. “How’s the food?” He asked.
         “Pretty good,” Kim said. But then Sylvia broke in. “Yeah, it amazing!” She said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.
         Ray ignored her. “Anyway,” he said, “I know you boys know the evening routine, but for y’all girls, after dinner dinner everyone sort of does their own thing. So if you guys want to go to your rooms, that’s fine. But if y’all want to stay up, the pool’s open. So is the ping-pong table, if y’all want to challenge me or Joseph to a game,” he said with a playful grin.
         “Thanks for






                                                                    The First Day
                                                                      (Kimberlee)



         I was so sound asleep when I felt a thump on my back I just rolled over and mumbled something. (I don’t even remember what I said.)
         “All right, ma’am, this is important!” Avery said very southern like. I woke up.


         Avery and I went down to the cafeteria together. I felt a little late to the party noticing everyone else in the room was already eating. I got in line to get food. Then, Avery and I found a seat at an empty table. Not long after we sat down a few guys walked in. It was nice to see we were not the last ones down to eat.
         “Hey, look someone our age” Avery said.
         I slightly smiled to her. The guys seem excited to see us. After they got their food they came and sat themselves right down.
         Eliot, the boy who sat across from me, asked me how it was going. I had to think a little before answering that normally easy question.
         “Well, I don’t really know.” I finally said.
         “What? How do you not know? You have to know.” He said stuffing bacon in his mouth.
         I tried to think of a better answer. “ Umm… it’s kinda going good and bad. You know being picked up by a stranger right outside my house was not the most fun thing. But, other than that it’s been fine.”
         “Details?” He said, with his eyebrows up and a large smile stretched across his face.
I went into as much detail as I could for him. Eliot was a nice guy so far, he was also kinda weird—which all teen guys are kinda weird, so I was still nice to him.


         After I finished telling my story, Eliot and Jordan were going to show us around some more, but on our way to the door Smith told us to hang on a minuet.
         “Could y’all guys show them to the training room I will be there in a minuet.”
         “Yes, sir.” Jordan replied. Then we were back on our way. The training room was on the 5th floor.
         “He wants to see what you two can do.” Jordan explained on the elevator ride up.
         “See what we can do? We can’t do anything.” Avery said confused “Well, I can sing my presidents.”
         “Uh, you can if you want, knowing Smith and all he would enjoy it” Eliot said going along with it. We all laughed. It felt good to laugh again, after being so tense the last 24 hours.
         We walked in the training room, they showed Avery and I around, knowing we had a few minuets. The whole floor was covered in mats or the floors were mats. On the far wall there were a few windows that shown light on all the equipment. The large room made me think of a exercise gym, which I guess that’s exactly what it was in a way.
         We walked throw to the other room that joined it. It was a indoor gun range.
         “Hey, come check these out” Jordan smiled pointing to wall of guns.
         “Wow” I said half-enthusiastic
         “No, it’s cool,” Jordan said defending himself “See this is for long range shooting and this one here is like was police officers use…” He kept bouncing around pointing to different ones and telling us about it. These guys remind me of puppies, yes that was it. Puppies. Cute, hipper, liked their toys and they loved food.
         Smith walked in interrupting Jordan’s rant. “Okay, guys, thanks.” He said. Eliot and Jordan got the hint and left. “We will start out with shooting. Here use this one” Smith said handing me a very large gun from the wall. I nearly dropped the gun it was so heavy.
         “Careful, ma’am, this ain’t your regular Nerf gun!” Smith said.
         “Are you sure we should start with this?” Avery asked seeming to read my mind.
         “Sure,” Smith didn’t give a thought to it. “I always start with this baby when it comes to training y’all young ones.”
         Thankfully Ray walked in the room. He relieved me from the damage I would have caused shooting such a large gun. Ray handed me a slightly smaller gun, one I could actually hold its weight.
         I hoped Ray would be the one to show me how to shoot, but Smith took the lead again.  Even though I doubted Smith’s ways, he did do a good job at explaining how to aim and fire the gun.
         When my bullet hit the center of the target, I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had never even shot gun before.  When I gave the gun back, I told myself it must have been beginner’s luck because I had no other way of explaining the amazing shot, even Smith was impressed. But, it happened again, by the third time the holes had made a little circle around the tiny dot on the target. 
         I asked Ray if this could be my special ability that I got from my parents.
         “Yeah, that is very possible. I had the same thought.” he respond smiling.
         

         After the shooting practice we all went to lunch.


         When we finished our lunch we had some time to ourselves till a meeting at 3:15pm. So, Avery and I went up to our rooms. Avery walked right in her room without a word. I think she was a bit upset about how the day unfolded and tired, so I let her go.
         I walked into my room remembering there was nothing to do in there, so I just lied down. I laid there for awhile, but my mind would not let me rest. So, I got up looked at my self in the mirror. “eh, good enough,” I said to myself then walked out of my room. I almost knocked on Avery’s door, but decided not to bother her yet. I went on a mission to find someone to do something with.
         I did not really know the place very well, but I did know the guys rooms were down on level and decided to try there first. The elevator dinged and opened up. I was on floor number two, it look just like floor number three: doors framing the hallway. I had no idea what room was theirs, so I just knocked on the first door on my right. Nothing. I moved to the next door and knocked. I could hear someone get up and start walking to the door.
         “What do you want?” Smith said he had been sitting at a computer desk.
I grumbly thought, my room does not have a computer. Then answered “Uhh, do you know where everyone is?”
         “Hey, I know.” it was Jordan. He had his head poking out the other door behind me. “I was just about to go meet them in the cafeteria to play some cards,” He said holding up a few decks. Smith closed his door and I took a step towards Jordan.
         “Do you need any help?” I asked him
         He chuckled “ to hold a few deck of cards?  thank, but I got it” I guess it was a silly question. We went down the elevator together.
         “You saved me a trap up to y’alls floor. thanks.” Jordan said on the way down. “Did Maxwell want to come?”
         “No, I think she was napping”
         “Oh, maybe next time then” We walked over to Eliot and Sylvia sitting at a round table near the back of the cafeteria.
         “So, what are we gonna play?” Sylvia asked
         “Well we could play slapjack,” Eliot suggested “Do you know how to play that game?”
         “Um, it that the one where you slap the deck to get it and the person with all the card in the end wins?” I asked
         “Yep, that’s it” Eliot said, already dealing out the cards.
         “Where’s Avery?” Sylvia asked acting like a snob. Well, she may not have been acting.
         “Up in her room.” I answered. Eliot handed me some cards and we started. It took me most of the first game to get into it.
         “So, do any of you go to school? Or have you already graduated?” I asked while Eliot dealt a new game.
         “I graduated a semester early, so I will start online college next year.” Eliot answered. It was the end of January, so I guessed he had been off since December. 
         We had started playing again, when Sylvia answered in her snobby tone “I was working on my junior year in high school when I got stolen away to this place.” 
         “I am kinda homeschooled, so that I can still work here.” Jordan said slapping the cards, getting him closer to winning.
         “So, do you like stay here all the time?”
         He laughed at me. “No, I have a life. I go and do stuff with friends. And I have built in friends here.” he sounded like he was proud of that.
         “Oh, it doesn’t sound fun to me. I like my friends at school.” We finished another game. Jordan won for the second time. “What time was the meeting thing?” I asked looking at the clock.          
         “Uh, at three thirty.” Eliot said looking at his watch. “We have time for one more.”
         “Okay” I said.
         “Good, it will give someone beside me and Eliot to win.”  I did win the last game, but only because Sylvia had kinda given up by then.
         “Ok, let’s go to the meeting.” Sylvia said.
         “Should I go and get Avery first?” I asked.
         “Uh, na she won't miss out on much. You can fill her in later, right?”
         “Yeah, I guess so,” Sylvia pushed the fifth floor button on the elevator. I actually got to go inside the beautiful conference room for the first time. The grass and trees looked so elegant from all the way up there. When, I felt content I turned back to the long table and sat down next to Sylvia and in the center of the table there were cookies and juice. Eliot and Jordan were already stuffing them in their mouths. So, I helped myself.
         Minuets later, Ray walked in with Smith and a few others. I recognized some of the others from breakfast.
         Smith started us out “So, I just wanted to give everyone an update about what is happing here and a chance to meet each other. We will start by introducing ourselves. Just say your name, your age, how long you have been here and something that you like to do. Will you start?” Smith was pointing at me.
         “Sure, I am Kimberlee Wilson. I’m 16 and I have been here one day.” I sat back down.
         “Do you have a hobby for something you like to do?” Smith asked me
         “Oh, I like to read and swim.”
         “Uh I guess I am next. I am Sylvia and I am 17 years old. Y’all made me come here two days ago and I like being at home.” Obviously, she did not being torn from her home to live here, even if it was for her own good.
         The next person was a lady. She looked sweet with light brown, medium length hair. She had a nice smile too. “My name is Michelle,” She said shaking my hand then Sylvia’s “I thought there were three new coming this week?” She directed to Smith
         “Oh yeah, where is Maxwell? Did anyone tell her to come?”
         “She was napping in her room” Jordan jumped in.
         “Oh, well y’all will have to meet her later.” He faked a smile. “Some others that work for the company aren’t here either, so it really is fine.
         Michelle continued “Mm, I’m not going to tell you my age,” Everyone giggled “But, I will tell you that I have been working here for” She thought a little “8 years and I like to bake.”
         Ray was the next in line “Ray, and I will do the same” He said gesturing to Michelle “No age. And I’ve beed working here for almost 20 years” a few whistled. “Hey! I started young.” he assured us. “And I like to eat” he said patting his tummy, even though he wasn’t even fat.
         “I am Joseph” Joseph said “I am not ashamed of my age: 32. Older shall be wiser.” He also had a since of humor. I wished Avery had come it would have made her feel better, I think. “I have worked along side these nice people for 12 years. And I like to exercise in my spare time.” He defiantly showed Ray.
         “Well, that is just because you have to work at it and my muscles are just God given” Ray was now flexing his arms as witness.
         “Ok, ok now it is my turn” A bit older lady spoke up. Ray and Joseph sat back down. “ I am June. I have been the cook here for about 5 year now. And like you,” She looked at me “I like myself a good read every once in awhile.” She didn’t say anything about her age, but I guessed her to be about 60.
         “Well, everyone knows me, but here I go.” Jordan said. I liked these people they had a good since of humor, I thought this was going to be all serious and a down to business type of meeting, I was wrong. Jordan continued “I have lived here for as long as I can remember and I started to actually be able to work when I was 15, I am 17 now, do the math. And I like to practice shooting and hunting and pretty much everything. I love working here,”He smiled at Smith “Your turn Eliot”
         “Just give my name away, why don’t you!?!” It was funny because his name was not a secret to begin with. “Like Jordan already said I am Eliot, Im 18 and like playing around on my computer.”
         “Ok that is everyone,” Smith said “Now I just want to make a few announcements and then I can answer anyone’s questions. First announcement is: Kimberlee, Avery and Sylvia have all made it save here and have gotten settled in.
         “Secondly: Tomorrow is the first day of training for the teens. I know y’all boys already know a lot, but I would like y’all to attend to help out. Joseph you will be over Eliot, Kimberlee, and Sylvia. And Ray you can take Jordan and Avery. Y’all are welcome to work together too. And Michelle will you be around to help if they need you?” She nodded her head. Then Smith started to direct his talking to Sylvia and I. “Good. It will be at 1-4 everyday till further notice. Y’all will learn how to tackle a man to the floor, how to survive in different situations you may come to meet, how to shoot, throw a grenade, ect.”
         “Lastly, we got our new vests in yesterday.” Smith said “And we got y’all one too.” He turned around and looked inside a large cardboard box. He pulled out one of the bullet proof vests. “Here try it one.” I got up and put it on “perfect fit. This one is yours, but we will keep it in the training room.”he looked at Jordan “Will you take the box over there now?”
         “Sure”
I took the vest off and lied it on top of the others.
         “I am finished. Any questions?”
         “Yeah, do all these people live here?”Sylvia asked
         “Uh no. We offer a living space for all our workers, but most of the them,” pointing at the adults “Go back home when they are not needed here. They kinda use there room at a hotel.”
         “Oh”
         “And will someone pass one this info to Avery?” asked Smith
         “I will” I said.
          The meeting was over. I rode the elevator with the others, but only Sylvia and I got off on the 3rd floor. Sylvia walked in her room and I went over and knocked on Avery’s door.


         While we were eating, Ray told us we could swim in the pool. I didn’t even know there us a pool, but it sure sounded like fun. And it was a lot of fun.
         When, we could no longer swim Avery and I went down to our rooms and got ready for bed then I went to her room and we chatted for a while. I told her what happened in the meeting and about how much fun they were. She seems really pleased to here it too. I also told her about the card game the others and I played. I think she was sad she missed out, so I promised I would wake her up next time.
         We stayed up till about 11:30pm and that was when I called it quits, I was so tired from all we had done that day. Avery wasn’t as tired because she had a nap earlier. But I was, so I went to my room and slept very well that night.
© Copyright 2014 Mandy (mandycatherine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979844-The-Perfect-Soldier