*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980379-Just-the-right-place-and-time
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Pets · #1980379
An unintentional meeting led somewhere I never would have expected.
Just the right place and time

I’ve been buying supplies for tropical fish here for years. I walked around the new display of fifty-gallon Lexan aquariums.

She scanned a display obviously looking for something. I could feel her anger directed at her husband loitering near the cooler with a bag of dog food and a one-year-old baby in the shopping cart. She had just broken off a strained communication with him.

I responded to the way she moved. “Do you need help finding something?” I asked.

When she turned and peered into my eyes, I felt a stirring in the pit of my stomach. “Where is the ick medicine?” She kept looking at me, her hazel eyes smoldering.

I reached back into the middle shelf where bottles of Methylene Blue had been pushed to the back and dropped one into her hand.

She handed me a card and mouthed, ”Call me.”



© Copyright 2014 Moarzjasac (drstatic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980379-Just-the-right-place-and-time