*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980461-when-the-moon-burns
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1980461
Don't go out at night, or you won't return.
It wasn't supposed to be like this. Even when men feared the night long ago, out of misplaced superstition, they still were able to use it. Now, it took them if they tried. At least the moonlit ones. One might try to go out if it were a cloudy night, but if the moon arose or broke through, the end came. There wasn't any body, nor any sign of foul blood. They weren't killed, they simply disappeared.
Aaron rothstein wasn't one easily rattled. He didn't fall for the tales told by most people. They began to call the phenonemon "when the moon burns" because as they said it was as if the "moon burned them up." Of course there wasn't any ash or any other remains to be found. Several had been tracked by their footprints ,which stopped at the point and time when they disappeared. Some people had even vanished in their homes when the moon shone through open windows. Closed windows didn't allow this. Glass apparently stopped whatever was causing it.
© Copyright 2014 Michael Wisor (mike1w at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980461-when-the-moon-burns