*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980674-Leah
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1980674
Kind of sad, yeah.
You see the girl with converse with the concrete underneath her? Her name is Leah. She’s sitting on a roof deciding if she should jump or not. She struggles with anxiety and depression and she can’t take this shitty world any longer. She’s holding a razor to her wrist right now, slowly dragging the pointed edge across her already scarred skin. She can’t even cry anymore, she’s out of tears.
Leah had been sitting up here for too long, she knew her parents were going to come looking shortly. It was time to make her decision. Cut, after cut, after painless cut, blood covered her arm. Leah had chosen her faith, it was time for her to leave.
She held the razor one last time to her left wrist, found a puffy, blue vein and cut down her arm. Not horizontally like usual, but vertical. She was sure this was the beginning of the end.
Blood was pouring out of her arm; she was losing color and becoming dizzy. Leah walked to the edge of the building. She looked out over shorter buildings and up at the gray sky. She counted to 3 before she left this cold, miserable world.
1…2…3…
© Copyright 2014 Magen Elizabeth (ofmiceandmagen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980674-Leah