*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981345-On-a-halloween-night
by Mysti
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #1981345
Trick-or-Treat.Korina meets a vampire prince.And saved by his sister, her childhood enemy?
  It was a dark and stormy night. Well actually it was a nice Halloween afternoon.I was getting ready for the costume contest at the old, run down high school. It was to be my year of success. I was determined to beat Ashley in her own game. She was always winning at very thing she entered. No matter what it was. But not this time. I was going for the scariest costume contest. I went as Chucky's bride. I finished getting ready and decided to walk to the school.



  When I got there i saw many cool costumes. They ranged from Frankenstine to Dracula. But no one was as scary as I was. I had about fifteen minutes before the contest started so I went to find some food. I was starving my brains out. When i got to the food area i found a killer hot dog stand. The vender was dressed as a zombie. I ordered a zombie hot dog with extra blood and brains. I ate my hot dog in silence, enjoying the sweet tender meat. But the enjoyment didn't last long, cause Ashley sat rite down next to me. Urg I hated that girl so much. I turned to face her.



"What do you want Ashley?" I demanded. I noticed she was dressed like a princess. I wanted to gag. She was wearing so much pink it hurt to look at her.



"Just to say hi silly and good luck I'll see you in the contest." she beamed at me. I stared at her in disbelif. She wasn't seriously going to enter a scary costume contest dressed as a pretty princess. Even if she was a bit pale. She didnt look remotely scary. Suddenly there was a voice on the dusty speaker phone.



"Five minutes till the scariest costume contest begins. So hurry up and sign up now." it said. I scarffed down the rest of my hot dog and ran to the sing in box.



  As I got there I saw that there were lots of people entering this contest. but like I said before none of them were as scary as I was. I sat there for what felt like centuries before one of the judges came up to me. At first she didn't look at me.



"And what are you supposed to be?" she asked.



"Chuckies bride miss" i responded. She looked up from her clipboard and gasped.



"Good heavens child you here are the scariest i've seen yet. Well done on the make-up" she breathed clearly startled by my costume.



  Nearly an hour later the judges finally announced the winners of the costume contest.



"In third place winning a free movie pass zombie mother Michelle Demmion. In second place winning a new extreme mountain bike the grudge Austin Kingbern. And in first place winning a new i phone five is Chucky bride Korina Leggett" I was shocked that I actually won first place. It took me a moment to process the fact I won first place. Then I ran up and claimed my prize. I was so happy I hugged the judges and ran home.



  When i got home my mother was waiting for me. I was so happy I won first place I couldn't speak. So I just showed my mom my prize. She clapped for me. then held up a finger. She turned around and grabbed a box in one hand and a camera in the next. She took a picture of my costume and handed me the box. " You'll want to wear this if you want to get lots of candy from the rich houses. They wont like the scary costume hunni" he said. I dreaded opening the box. I knew what was in it. "But mom why does it have to be a princess costume." She shrugged " It was the only costume left in the store." she said innocently "besides it will look nice on you" I groaned and opened the box. It was worse then I feared. It was a pink frilly dress. But if I wanted to get the most candy this year I was going to suck it up and wear the cursed thing. So I ran upstairs and changed my costume.



  When I came down again my mother shrieked in delight. She pulled me closer to fix my hair and make-up. By the time she was finished I thought I had on 50 lbs.of make up. My nice red hair was done up so tight it was stretching my skelp. I looked in the mirror and died. I looked like a princess from one of those god awful Disney princess movies. My mom clapped her hands and took a dozen more photos before letting me leave. When I finally did leave I began my hunt for candy. I got to the edge of the forest that marked the line between the rich houses and the rest of the houses and decided my head hurt too much to keep it up so I took it down. My hair was still wavy so I thought it was okay. Then I began my walk through the forest. By the time I had gotten to the middle of the forest it was pitch black. I kept stumbling over my heels. I got fed up with it and took them off. I checked my watch to see how long I had been marching through the forest.

"Wait it's only 4:30. how come its so dark" I wondered aloud. Then as if on cue it brightened up majorly. I looked up and saw a beautiful red full moon. Suddenly there was a loud snap behind me. I instantly remembered the horrible animal mamings I heard on the news. I quickly as I could in a dress climbed a near by tree, and waited till the animal left.



  I didn't have to wait long because what ever it was had jumped out of the bushes. I had to cover my mouth to stiffle a scream. It was the largest wolf creature I had ever seen. It was too big to be a wolf. It also looked more like a hairy, very hairy man. For a second I thought it was a were wolf, but shook it way because were wolves don't exist. As it left I gave a sigh of relief. As I began to climb down I felt a tug on my hair. I turned and saw that there where several boys dressed like wood elves. Each one of them handsomer then the first.

"You must come with us miss for you are in grave danger." said what looked like the leader of the group. Too mesmerized by the charms to listen to my gut feeling I allowed to elf boys lead me away.



  It must of been hours later when the elf put me down. I looked up and saw I was standing in front of a beautiful white palace. I stood there in awe.The leader gently pushed me forward into the building. The rest of the elf boys bowed and scattered, leaving me and the leader alone in the grand hall. Several minutes later a young man walked in. When he did my heart stopped. It looked like an angel from hell. He was dark and mysterious, but handsome and kind at the same time. The leader of the elf boys bowed at the man like he was a king. So I did the same. He chuckled and said something in a language i think was Latin. I looked at him and smiled, knowing nothing of what he just said. The elf boy went up to the prince boy and whispered in his ear. The "prince" smiled at me and offered his hand to me. I blushed and took it graciously. He walked me through his castle, explaining about who he was.



"I am Prince Maliki of... well this forest" he chuckled. His voice made me want to melt, it was so heavenly.



  When the tour ended his face turned grim. He then procceded to  guild  me to a large room filled with weapons. It was mostly filled with knives and swords. Anything and everything but guns or anything to do with guns.



"I hate to tell you this but that thing you was back there was in fact a were wolf. The legends are all true. Your supernatural nightmares are true. And now you must be the one to destroy the monster. I can not help you. You must prove that you are stronger then this supernatural freak." he said.



I sighed "so much for my knight in shining armor" I thought. Maliki smiled as if he read my thoughts.



"Everything you need to kill the beast is in this room. And please do be careful." he said sweetly



  So I grabbed a bunch of silver knives and a couple bottles of antidote in case I was bitten, then headed to the clearing I was in when I saw the were wolf. I ripped my dress a little to make it more easier to move in. As I got to the clearing I scanned the area for the wolf man thing. But I couldn't find anything. I was about to leave when I heard a small crying sound from below. I followed the sounds a saw a man in tattered clothes. I instantly thought he was attacked because of the blood that was leaking from his mouth. He was rocking back and forwards mumbling something I couldn't catch. I ran up to him to help him out.



When I reached him I placed my hand on his shoulder and told him that it was going to be okay. He looked at me with fear in his eyes. "No now miss you must leave before it's too lat-" he managed to say before he screamed out in pain. He started to change before my eyes. I fumbled for the silver knives as he continued to change. I stabbed him before he could complete the change.



"I'm so sorry" I cried. the man looked at me and smiled, then he turned into dust. I whipped my eyes and stood up. "Well time to go back now" I grabbed a small handful of the dust and placed it into a plastic baggy I was carrying, dusted myself off, and made the journey back to the palace.



  As I reached the palace the prince greeted me with a warm welcoming hug.

"Thank goodness you came back unharmed. You did come back unharmed right?" he asked. I nodded and held up the baggy of wolf dust. He smiled, showing his perfect pearly white teeth. I noticed to small, but sharp looking fangs hung from his mouth.

"Must be fake" I thought. Again he chuckled as if he heard my thoughts.

"Come we shall have a feast in honnor of your kill." he purred as he guilded me to the dinning hall. In the dinning hall my face dropped. It was literally a hall the room was huge. It had a beautiful oak table in the center of the room. I sat closest to the door while he sat at the other end of the long table. Within seconds the chefs were coming out with plates and plates of food. Then all of the elves that had accompanied me the first time I got here sat down in the empty seats. Then we all dug in to the food. Well almost all of us the prince just sat there with a dreamy gaze on his face. He sat there staring at me while I ate.



After while his staring kinda creeped me out. So I stared at my food and started to finish my second plate of creamy mashed potatoes. I stole a quick glance at the prince. But what I saw was both gross and disturbing. He had a small elf girl by the neck. Blood was dripping from her neck. "Hes a vampire. My prince is a vampire. Sweet" I thought now knowing that he could actually read my mind. As I thought he looked up and smiled at me.

  "Well if you don't mind I need to use the little girls room being a human and all I have a small blatter." I said as I got up at ran towards the exit. He just sat there smiling at me.



  While I was wondering the castle I sang songs in my head so he couldn't hear my escape plans. As I reached the front door I tried to open it. But the door wouldn't budge.

"shoot now how do I escape "  I thought. I must have stopped singing cause I heard a very angry prince bellow "Find her. She is trying to escape. I will not have my new human girl escape I need her so I can turn her. That way  I can take over the vampire kingdom. Well don't just sit there you fools find her." I looked from left to right and knew I needed to find away out before I was turned in to a monster. I started running in a random direction. I couldn't hear the elf boys but I knew they weren't far off, so I took a hard left into a dark room.



  After a few minutes I heard the elves outside the room.

"Shoot is we done find her the master will surly kill all of us." said a female sounding elf. After another few minutes I dared a peak out the small window in the door. No one was there. I sighed with relief. I lit my watch to see if there was any weapons I could use against the elves. And by lucky chance I had run into the weapon room. I was quickly able to find a few weapons I could use to defend myself with. Then I quietly exited the room and searched for another way out.



Suddenly I was attacked from behind. As I fell to the floor I felt hands grab me around the waist. I kick and kick to try and escape my captive but with no success. So I gave up and waited for my doom. The prince took his time to walk up to me. He brushed his ice-y cold fingers across my face.



"Did you really think you could escape my my pretty little human." he laughed. He grabbed my face and tilted it to the side. Then slowly lowered his face to my neck. As I felt the fangs slide across my neck I heard a small crashing noise behind us. Maliki swung his head away so fast it startled me more then the crashing did. "Sister what are you doing here I told you not to be here tonight." he growled.



"I knew what you were up to brother. I just couldn't let you do that. Especially to that human. I know her. I grew up with her. Do not touch her brother or you will die." said a familiar female voice. I looked at the female and gasped. Standing in front of me was my enemy Ashley. "Nathaniel release the human girl or you will suffer the wrath of your true master." she said. The elf that was holding me let me go and ran out of sight. She then motioned me to ran to her. I obeyed not wanting to anger the one saving me.



"How dare you sister. She will be mine even if I have to kill you to get her." Maliki said. Ashley pushed me behind her and grabbed a pair of wooden stakes. Then Maliki ran towards us. He was so fast I didn't see him till Ashley sliced his cheek open. He froze for half a second then back-handed Ashley across the room. I hoped she would get up, but she didn't. I cried softly knowing I was going to die. Then I remembered the stakes attached to my thighs. I went to reach for one but Maliki was too quick. He grabbed the stake and tossed across the room. He then grabbed me and bit my neck. I screamed in pain. But the pain didn't last very long for I blacked out.



  When I came to, Maliki was laying there with a wooden stake in his back. Ashley was standing over me with a sad and worried look on her face. I went to sit up but she stopped me.

"You can't get up yet you are still too weak. I'm so sorry Korina. I never wanted this to happen to you" she said almost in tears.

"Why whats wrong?" i asked

"Well the good news is you stay a pretty young girl for eternity" she replied "but the bad news is I wasn't able to inject you with the antidote in time so now your stuck as a vampire forever." I started crying cause I knew that this meant I couldn't see my mom ever again or I'd hurt her. "We can fake your death and live in the world of the supernaturals." she suggested. I sniffed and nodded.



  So that's what we did. Ashley called 911 and within ten minutes of lying in the forest "dead" a small group of police officers and medics came rushing in the clearing. Ashley was put on quite a show with tears and all. They identified me as the girl who has been missing for 72 hours. Then they called my mother and told her I died by several puncture wounds to the neck and loss of blood. I could her my mom's soft crying like it was in my own ear. They had my funeral three days later. Ashley had to steal into the morgue a few times to feed me. Then finally they had my funeral and placed my in the ground. Several hours later Ashley came and dug me up. We left the country and went to the small island where all the supernaturals live. And I've been living here since.



  The date is September 17 4110. I was turned on November 2 2014. This was my story of how I became a bloodsucker and I am still kicking butt when ever I can. Ashley and I became bestest buddies. Like sisters.We had many, many adventures, But those are tales for another time.







.                                                                              FIN...............?
© Copyright 2014 Mysti (alexyis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981345-On-a-halloween-night