*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981608-Cloud-Computing
by Kapha
Rated: E · Article · Computers · #1981608
about the benefits of cloud computing

Cloud computing refers to a system of "renting" software (commonly known as Software as a service (Saas ) over the internet instead of buying it on license. It is cheaper than buying software, hence preferred by many firms.
Saas or in other words cloud computing, has become dynamic and far much affordable thus not any more preserved for larger enterprises. As of now small and medium-sized businesses can subscribe to Saas hosted by a third party, typically paying a monthly or yearly subscription depending on the number of personal computers that access this software on the cloud. Not long ago the cost of building software and maintaining technology wasn't something most small businesses could afford. Fast-forward 10 years later and the landscape looks much different today open-source software, cloud computing and better techniques to manage both are available to any business for a fraction of the cost.
Cloud computing Services typically include:
email,          
         Social media          platforms such as facebook, linked in, twitter etc.
         customer          relationship management (CRM) systems
         web          conferencing

The advantages clearly outlined.
Flexible and          Cost-effective
You get to focus on your business rather than the cost and hassle of running or installing any softwares on premise. It enables you to do more with less by accessing critical business applications without the need to pay for ongoing maintenance or upgrades.
Pay for what          you want
You pay for what you want when you need it. But if your requirements change, you simply change your subscription meaning it is also easier to manage your cash flow and you don't need any upfront capital investment.



Build,          deploy and manage new applications
You can still keep specialized or older business applications, running your business effectively with a mixture of both types of the solution. For software businesses, cloud computing enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of data centers. It enables one to also build applications using any language, tool or framework

Major problems facing Saas in small businesses
From the outset its clear that cloud computing in the small business environment may well be a less risky choice for firms than keeping all their IT operations at premises. Many people feel inherently ill-at-ease with having customer and staff data, financial records and their Internet protocol (IP) leaving the premises and stored off-site in their cloud provider's data centers. But this shouldn't mask the truth that in many cases you would be outsourcing to a more secure environment.
Almost all businesses no matter how big or small are mostly targeted through email scams designed to trick the user into clicking on a malicious link or opening an attachment which could trigger a malware download.
Purchase on internet forums is rife. The criminals could be after your customers' financial, personal data, or even intellectual property. All of which can be easily traded on the same online forums.
Then there are malicious infected web sites, often legitimate sites have been hacked, and all it takes is for an employee surfing the web with a vulnerable machine to visit such websites to be immediately infected.
With all said and done, Imagine, for example, that you can't afford a to run the main server in your business, meaning all clients, financial, IP and other data is stored on laptops or external drives. It's not only a less efficient way of working but it increases the possibility of data loss, and the regulatory financial penalties, loss of loyal clientele and more importantly reputational damage that will follow. Compare this with a reputable cloud provider which is fully regulated and certified by independent standards bodies to a high degree, and as a result would be secured by one of a kind high-end security systems guarding against data theft. Back-up is non stop and if you lose your machine there's no need to worry because all the data is stored in the service providers' data centers. If they go down for some reason there is another back-up plan to ensure business continuity.

© Copyright 2014 Kapha (karanimartin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981608-Cloud-Computing