*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982445-For-The-Better
by sherri
Rated: E · Poetry · Inspirational · #1982445
Becoming a stronger person


                                                                                For the Better





Many times I have swallowed the words I should have said. These words have grown and eventuality will choke me dead.



Many times I have turned the other cheek so both sides can feel the sting. My cheeks are now calloused and eventuality I want feel a thing.



Many times I have worn the footprints of those who have trampled upon me. Deeper and deeper into the earth, devoured soon I will be.



It was I that was always the peace keeper, and it was I that was always the hidden weeper.

Many times I ask myself why I let this be, and now by God, I have awoke and can now see.



I am still the peace keeper, but push to far, and I will become the reaper.

I will no longer buckle, I will make my stand, and with everything I have I will try and make you understand.



I have changed, and it is for the best, and from this day forward, my thoughts will be expressed.



Many will accept this, and many will not, for those that will not, will be forgot.



                                                                                                             
© Copyright 2014 sherri (sherrirena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982445-For-The-Better