*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1983403-Pandoras-Box
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1983403
A tale of two forces, two children, and the fate of all worlds.(excerpt)
In the Before Time, there was only the Mask and the Apple Tree. The Mask roamed the Multiverse corrupting and destroying all that he touched, spreading chaos as his servants, the Stars, trailed mischievously in his wake. As he moved, so did the Apple Tree. With beauty and grace, she traveled through the worlds as well, returning order and giving light to the cosmos. Together, they ruled, harmony and discord, forever keeping the balance of the Multiverse.

         One day the Mask became restless. He became discontent with simply causing disharmony that his counterpart would inevitably dispel; He no longer wanted to destroy the worlds. He wanted to eliminate them.  He began to plan. Retreating into the silent darkness of a black hhole, the Mask concocted a scheme to rid himself of The Apple Tree and all her influence. He could not kill her; With her death would come his own. Instead, he intended to capture her. So, he created a box. Carved from black amber and glazed with star dust, the container would be strong enough to hold the Apple Tree captive till the end of Time. For five days, he and his minions worked on the prison, hammering and shaping their creation.

         On the sixth day, the last day of construction, The Apple Tree attacked. Betrayed by a fallen star, the Mask's plan had been relayed to her and in her anger she declared war on the Mask. She flew at him, her thick branches clawing at his porcelain face. They began to fight, each struggling to gain the upper hand. Then, suddenly, the Mask's ankle caught on one of the Apple Tree's roots and he tripped, falling backwards into the open mouth of the box. As he began to get up, the Apple Tree slammed the prison's doors. The Mask snarled and struggled to get out. Eventually, realizing his fate, he began to weep and all was calm in the Multiverse.





This piece has been chosen to be choreographed for Lone Star College's Dance/Writing Experiment!! To Learn more contact Ms. Nirider or Dr. Heckelman of LSCS- Montgomery. :)
© Copyright 2014 Gretta R. Weir (grettarweir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1983403-Pandoras-Box