*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1983576-My-Mate-Monica-Ch-9
by Bruce.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1983576
Anne is not too impressed with Dave after a night at the banger races.
Chapter 7.

Anne perked up and was excited when Dave called to pick her up on Thursday night. She wanted them to get straight off on their way and dashed out to the pavement to greet him, but Dave insisted on calling to say a brief hello to her parents before they left. Although she was eager to get on her way, she was pleased he was so friendly and thoughtful towards her family.

         The drive across London was fast and Dave was encouraged by the way Anne was reacting to his rally style driving, weaving in and out of the other cars, cutting them up, and accelerating rapidly from stops at traffic lights and junctions. He was a confident driver and gave the impression he thought he could drive far better than other people. Anne thought it a thrilling and exciting contrast to her times plodding about with Eddie in the old Mini Van. Her thoughts remained on Eddie for a while and she remembered the many times they were in the Mini Van laughing, laughing hysterically sometimes, so happy, so bloody happy together. Her eyes began to water slightly and she looked out of the side window. She had to change her thoughts.

         They arrived at the stadium and made their way to the bar. "So does your mate drive the stock cars as well?"

         "No. He just does the banger racing. The demolition derby it's called."

         "What is it just for demolition workers, is it sponsored or something?"

         "No, it's not that sort of demolition; it's nothing to do with work."

         "But…"

         "Don't try to tax your brain too much Anne, it's just a sort of knockout race." He gave a laugh but Anne was not happy about his dismissive attitude towards her.

         Dave's friend was in the bar and he walked over. "I thought you'd call in here."

         "Have you got time for a drink then, Jeff?"

         "No, I can't stop," he said, looking at his watch. "Things to do before the race."

         "So, you did get the Opel ready in time?"

         "Nah, I'm in the little Fiat."

         "Fiat!" Dave said, with an obvious surprise to his voice.

         "Yeah, it's all right though. Won't win anything, but I can get in the way of people and it's a nippy little thing. Number eighteen, look out for it."

         "I think it will show up pretty obvious without me looking out for it." He glanced at Anne before looking back at Jeff. "By the way, this is my bird, Anne."

         "Hi," he said, "nice to see you again."

         Anne smiled and acknowledged him, but didn't speak.

         "You know each other then?"

         "No, not really," he said. He looked back at Anne. "But I think I've seen you a few times in The Jug House with Eddie, haven't I?"

         "Yeah, I thought that I'd seen you before somewhere," she said. "But me and Eddie have finished now."

         "He was two-timing her with some old trout," Dave said.

         "Was he? That doesn't sound like Eddie." He shrugged his shoulders as if he didn't really believe it. "Well, I'd better get off or Sue will be wondering where I am. If you want, we can meet up in here after the race for a few drinks."

         Anne looked at Jeff as he walked off. He was tall and rugged and she liked the look of him. She remembered seeing him talking to Eddie in The Jug House and noticed how he was with an attractive girl. When she walked over to join them she remembered how she felt a little embarrassed because he kept smiling at her for no reason and she was sure he was eyeing her up.

         The stock cars were impressive. The owners had spent a lot of time and money on them, but the event that Dave and Anne were waiting for was the fourth race on the agenda, the wrecks, the demolition derby.

         The cars came out to the starting point. There were two brothers, both in Rover 3.5 coupes. There was also a large old hearse, as well as an assortment of big saloon cars. Last into the arena, with a roar of laughter and applause from the crowd, came the small red Fiat.

         "He's having a laugh," Dave said. "He'll get slaughtered out there." One by one, the cars were despatched by the Rovers. The hearse also taking his tally obliterating any car that had the misfortune to slow down or stall anywhere near him. To everyone's surprise, nobody bothered with the Fiat, which nipped around the course managing to avoid all but the slightest contact with the other competitors.

         There were soon only the four of them still going. One of the Rovers smashed onto the rear corner of the hearse and began trying to spin the big old vehicle. He was struggling, the hearse was heavy and the driver was trying to accelerate away from the Rover, but eventually, the Rover managed to slip the hearse's rear wheels and it spun round to the side and tilted. The front of the Rover went under the hearse and tipped it over.

         Jeff was still virtually untouched and knew that it was time to act before the brothers decided to squash him. The front wing on one of the Rovers had been smashed off and the wheel looked vulnerable. If he smashed into the wheel it might cause enough damage to the suspension or steering to disable the car. The Rover seemed to be struggling to continue and Jeff accelerated towards it. It suddenly swerved to the left in front of him and he ran into the side of it, causing little damage to the Rover but stopping both of them in their tracks. The second Rover then slammed into the rear of the Fiat, crumpling it and instantly converting it into a steaming heap of scrap iron. The Rovers reversed and pulled away as Jeff climbed out of the car and took off his helmet to the rapturous applause and cheers from the crowd.

         The Rovers set off triumphantly around the course, but one of the brothers seemed to stall his engine leaving the other brother to do a victory lap of honour.

         It was half an hour after the last race when Jeff and his girlfriend Sue joined Dave and Anne at the bar for a drink.

         "I would never have thought that you'd survive that long," Dave said.

         "Yeah, did all right, didn't I? Came third and that ain't bad."

         "Well, I don't think you came third at all," Anne said. "The way all the crowd were cheering you, you were the definite champion." She gave him a wide smile that he acknowledged with a grin as they looked at each other. She suddenly felt uncomfortable as she noticed a hostile stare from Sue, as if she considered her a threat. Anne thought that perhaps Jeff was a bit of a wanderer, especially as this was certainly not the girl she had seen him with in The Jug House.

         Sue finished her drink in noticeable haste. "Come on, Jeff," she said, "we've got to get that piece of scrap onto the trailer."

         "Do you want us to come down and give you a hand?" Dave said.

         "No," Sue said before Jeff could answer. "There's a little crew down there that'll do all the work." Jeff shrugged his shoulders and the couple walked off leaving Dave and Anne to finish their drinks, but Jeff looked back at Anne before they were out of sight and gave a wave.

         "Think he fancies you," Dave said.

         "Don't be daft. Anyway, he's going steady with that girl, isn't he?"

         "Yeah, they live together, but watch him. He's a bit of a lad with the girls you know."

         "Well he's not gonna be a bit of a lad with me." She smiled but felt a bit disappointed that his good-looking and sporty friend was spoken for. "She wasn't very friendly though, was she?"

         "That's because she doesn't know you and thinks you're a threat. She'll be different again once she gets to know you."

         The drive back across London was a little faster than on the way out. Anne noticed that Dave seemed to be more erratic as if watching the racing had made him want to prove himself. She was not so excited this time, because it felt to her that he was not always in full control and it began to frighten her a little, although she didn't let on in case he thought she was childish and scared. She was happy, relieved almost when they were back in East London.

         Dave headed towards Hackney and stopped the car in a secluded road near Victoria Park. "What a great night," he said. He got out of the car and opened the rear door. "Come on, let's get in the back," he said.

         "What for?" Anne said, although she knew what he was after.

         "This ain't our first date, is it? Time for some intimacy I think."

         "I'm not really in the mood, Dave?"

         "You said we would be all right tonight."

         "I never said any such thing."

         "Yes, you bloody did. I didn't know that you were a teaser."

         Anne laughed. "Nothing to do with teasing. I just don't fancy a quick fumble on the back seat."

         "It won't be like that Anne. And there is lots of room on the back seat, you'll be surprised."

         That was the problem, Anne was aware there was room in the back and she was thinking of the time when Eddie borrowed Dave's car. "I don't want to do this. I would rather wait for something more intense on our first time."

         "Oh, it'll be intense all right. I guarantee that. Come on, get in the back and if after a few minutes you don't want to go all the way, I'll take you home and wait for when you're ready."

         "Well, you might as well take me home now, because I am not going all the way tonight."

         Eddie persisted and finally Anne reluctantly agreed to get in the back with him. His plan worked and when they were settled in the back of the car, passion and sexual desire between them became intense. Anne gave in to him, but the foreplay and emotional petting soon ended and Dave rushed into their first sexual act together. To Anne's disappointment, it was soon over and she wondered if it had been worth doing it at all. This had not been anything like her intimate times with Eddie and before she was expecting it, Dave was getting out of the car on his way back to the front seat.

         "Is that it then?" she said.

         "Best get you home," he replied. "We can have a drink at your place if you like."

         "Sod the bloody drink. Come back, Dave, let's carry on for a while. You've made me feel really randy."

         "Urgh, no. You'll be all messy."

         "I've got some tissues. Come on, Dave, come and get in the back with me again."

         "No, Anne. We can't hang about here too long anyway. The police might catch us and I have had a few drinks you know."

         "You weren't too worried about that when you were driving across London like a bloody maniac." Anne tidied herself up and returned to the front seat of the car, slamming the door in annoyance as she got in.

         Dave looked over at her. "Oh don't start sulking just because we've had sex. It's finished off a perfect evening, hasn't it?"

         Anne looked at him. She wanted to call him a selfish uncaring pig, but she just smiled at him. "Yes," she said, "it's been great." She turned her head and looked out of the window as the wheels of Dave's Hillman Hunter screeched when he pulled away. She thought of Eddie and reflected on how she seemed to be perfectly matched with him. He had often said it to her and she knew it was true. The thought of him having sex with Denise was always with her, upsetting her. Why, why the hell did he have to do that? She looked at Dave and knew he could sometimes remove the secret depression from her mind. He had been a good friend and she was grateful for all he had done to relieve her suffering. Yes, she thought, she'd had a great night; she'd had an exciting night, but if only it could have been with Eddie, if only.

 Eddie and Dave. Ch 8.  (18+)
Dave's in trouble.
#1983630 by Bruce.


© Copyright 2014 Bruce. (brucef at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1983576-My-Mate-Monica-Ch-9