*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1983909-Sad-but-True
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1983909
A marvelous tale about awful things...
We could hear them outside the locked doors of my house. There might have been fifteen or twenty, and there might have been well more than that. They were doing that thing they do. I knew the sound. I remembered a time when I was young and scared and hungry. Well, I don’t mean young young, but I remember being scared and hungry.

My new girlfriend, Abigail, looked at me, her blue eyes wide and filled with terror.

I said, “Babe, don’t worry!” I gave her a hug.

Her father was a doctor and I doubted this young girl ever spent much time being hungry. I looked at her and we met eyes, and I just wanted to eat her up.

She let me hug her again and I felt her thin, birdlike ribcage vibrating with fear.

“Babe, I know these people, they’re only hungry!

“Don’t let them in!” she said. She was pleading with her eyes.

“Come on!” I said. “Abigail! Don’t be like that!”

The sounds from outside were louder now and more mournful. I smiled at her and made a motion with my hands, asking her to chill, and went to the door and opened it.

There were more than I thought. They came in like a tidal-wave past me and attacked Abigail first right away without hesitation; perhaps she looked tastier than I did. In any case, they were on her digging their fangs into her, ripping her throat apart.

Then they were on me. I could still hear darling Abigail screaming as I was roughly trampled upon.

I let them have my neck just as Abigail became silent.

The nine or ten who were biting into me stopped suddenly and looked at me with great disappointment.

I said, “Sorry, boys…”

Vampire humor.

-300 Words-
© Copyright 2014 Winchester Jones (ty.gregory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1983909-Sad-but-True