*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1983932-Now-You-See-Me-The-movie
Rated: E · Article · Reviewing · #1983932
Movie Review 2014
Now You See Me
released 2013



Director: Louis Leterrier
Screenplay: Ed Solomon and Boaz Yakin & Edward Ricourt
Story: Boaz Yakin & Edward Ricourt

Cast:
Michael Caine
Jesse Eisenberg
Mark Ruffalo
Woody Harrelson
Isla Fisher
Dave Franco
Melanie Laurent
Morgan Freeman


The Four Horsemen-create a show where phenomenal acts of illusion are performed for the audience. The first is a bank heist where the stolen money is released to float to the audience. In another city the audience members bank accounts have large amounts of money automatically deposited while they sit there.

Each show becomes more dramatic and THE TURN more indiscernible.

The acts completely flummox the policemen and the Interpol agent who have come to check them out when they involved a French Bank.

The characters are unique and you identify with each one. The realist in you wants the thieves caught, as all stealing is a sin. The Four Horsemen are flamboyant and loveable. What is their charge? They claim to be entertainers not criminals. That isn't how the police see it.

The idea that money appears and is given to seemingly average people seems to right all the injustices we see around us. The evening of the odds.

Watch this movie and see if it doesn't amaze you with its story and intricate weaving of details and a twist you won't see coming until its revealed at the end.

The following is taken from the internet as an explanation of what a magic act contains. All these elements are portrayed in this movie. Is it real or a slick trick of the movie effects?

The Pledge,The Turn and The Prestige

*Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called The Pledge. The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course it probably isn't.

The second act is called The Turn. The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back.

That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part called The Prestige. Prestige has also come to be known as the finishing act in a magician's trick, a finale of sorts, where, for example, the object of the magician's trick is returned from disappearance or a woman reappears unharmed from a box of swords.

This movie follows the three acts of a good magic illusion. If you liked this movie you have to then watch "The Prestige." Another movie with Michael Caine and magic.


*Wikipedia
© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1983932-Now-You-See-Me-The-movie