*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984157-Who-Is-Nneka
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1984157
An explanation of who I am.
Who Is Nneka?


I am.  I am a very blessed and highly favored woman of God.  I'm the wife of my best friend, Frank.  I am the proud mother of four awesome children that I love with all of my heart.  My first born, Eriyana, was born at 31 weeks and weighed a grand total of 2 pounds and 10.6 ounces.  She taught me how to be a mother and to accept the things that I could not change; to change the things that I could; and to have the wisdom to know the difference.  Frank, my first born son, lived for only 25 days; but changed my life forever.  My son, Ethan, came to make me smile again.  Eryn, my special little one, was born with a rare birth defect, Esophageal Atresia with a Tracheoesophageal Fistula (EA/TEF).  She forced me to face my fears and take charge of my destiny even through adversity.  I am also the proud grandmother of a handsome and loveable little fellow, Aiden, who reminded me to trust God in all things.

I am a very open person.  I am imaginative, creative, and comfortable with variety and change.  I frequently draw strength from my experiences, as well as my tradition and beliefs.  I am down to earth, and I prefer clear and straightforward directions.  I am transparent, and like to teach others through my experiences.

I'm a planner.  I like to think through situations before I take actions.  I like to understand the impact of my actions, and I like to visualize what my results will look like before I take on the task.  I am frequently viewed as a workaholic and/or a perfectionist; however, my efforts are always in pursuit of excellence, and I always expect to deliver my "best" product.

I am an introvert and an extrovert.  I frequently enjoy social experiences; especially when I've planned and executed the experience according to my plan.  I find a great deal of pleasure in observing others engage in and enjoy the experience I've created.  I also find great pleasure in the solace of my own environment where I'm free to be myself with people who are loyal to me and who appreciate me for who I am.  I'm very reserved, and desire to share with others only things that I deem appropriate and feel will enhance and/or improve society.

I value all people, and enjoy relationships that are positive and beneficial to all involved.  I am considerate of other people, and frequently compromise myself and my interest for the wellbeing of the relationship, the other person, or the group.  I believe in fairness, equity, and amicable resolutions that leave all parties whole.

I am calm, emotionally stable and very comfortable in who I am.  I recognize that all people are different, and I value their difference.  I also value my differences, and therefore, I'm not easily upset by the opinions others.

I'm a cool-headed realist with a calm disposition who accepts the world and realities of it as they are.  I have the ability to maintain my composure under pressure and stress, and I take proactive measures to minimize negative impacts in situations.  I recognize that life is unpredictable; however, my faith in God is strong and I believe all things work for the good.  Therefore, in all situations, I look for the blessing and know that God does not make mistakes, even when it feels like a mistake to me.

I am a helpful and resourceful person, especially to those who I feel are disadvantaged or underserved.  I desire for all people to be happy and whole, and I work to make a positive difference in their.  I work long and hard on difficult and thankless tasks until they're complete, and I am disciplined and I frequently channel my efforts toward benefitting others.

I believe there is a place for anger, but it's not my first response.  I'm usually able to see both positions and I'd prefer to find a solution than to be angry.  As a result, people frequently take my desire to find a resolution as a weakness.
I have a very clear sense of myself, my goals, and what I need to do - and focus on - to achieve them.  I'm not easily thrown off of my game, and I see challenges as opportunities to improve my skills. I'm ambitious, and I'm always working to improve myself, my situation, and my quality of life.

I enjoy new and different adventures, and I believe exposure and experiences are the best teachers.  I am tasked with forging the way for others to follow, even through adversity; and I desire to draw others to Christ, not through my words, but through my actions.  I love being in my own world, and I'm comfortable being myself.  I don't embrace the idea of peer pressure, but rather value individual thinking and being.

I am a modest person, and I enjoy working behind the scenes.  I am compassionate towards others, and I'm very trusting of others until they give me a reason not to trust them.  I love doing for others as I would have them do unto me, and I'm a good-natured person who wants to make a positive impact on the world.

I'm a very influential and inspirational person.  I know what needs to be done and I have the vision, skills and ability to stay focused to make it happen. I am confident in my abilities, and I'm able to translate my confidence and vision to others.  Others are sometimes intimidated by my approach, but they are pleased when I deliver the product on time and as specified.

I believe in you and I believe in me, and together we can make great things happen.  I'm a life-long learner and I believe that when you know better, you do better.  I honor the past, and use lesson learned to address problems and to improve the future for all.  I'm level headed and I serve as the voice of reason in most situations.

I love learning and I have a very strong desire to do well.  I'm driven, diligent and have high aspirations and goals.  I'm extremely methodical and diligent in my approach, and I prefer to stick to the rules of the game.  I have a strong sense of fairness, and believe outcomes are related to efforts.  I'm imaginative and creative and I find solutions to complex problems; however, I'm challenged with enjoying the ride.

I take life very seriously and recognize tomorrow is not promised.  However, I'm able to laugh at myself, and push myself through difficulties. I'm adaptable and recognize change for what it is.  I identify barriers as learning opportunities, and find creative and practical solutions to overcome them.

Who is Nneka?  I am.  I'm a simply one of God's children, assigned to carry out His purpose for me.

© Copyright 2014 N. M. Barnes (nbarnes07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984157-Who-Is-Nneka