*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984292-Daily-Flash-Fiction-entry-for-33014
by joenc6
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1984292
short story about my girls and how they drive their mother bonkers
"Dahlia, hurry mom is coming" Lily whispered in a hushed tone "she's gonna catch us". Dahlia, the younger sister was standing on top of a little stool that was perched on the counter top and she was straining to reach the cookie jar on top of the refrigerator. Dahlia quietly wondered to herself how she always ended up being the one on the verge of being caught, but her sister always insisted it was because she was  the youngest. Being four wasn't easy Dahlia decided.



Just then, their mother came walking down the hall towards the kitchen, "Dahlia, quick, get down here comes mom, Dahlia!" Lily whispered frantically, as Dahlia made a quick lunge and secured the cookie jar. Getting caught would mean getting yelled at again and probably sent to their room, but those cookies were just too yummy to let sit in the cookie jar. With the cookie jar firmly in her chubby little hands, she quickly scrambled down off the stool but was still on the counter, so she opened a cupboard and climbed in as a Lily grabbed the stool off the counter just as their mother rounded the corner to the kitchen.



"Lily, what are you doing and where is your sister?" Lily shrugged her shoulders "I don't know, can I go outside and play?" and spun on her heel and dashed for the door. Their mother shook her head and continued on to the laundry room.





Outside the kitchen window Lily was peering in "pssst, Dahlia? Can you hear me? Dahlia? Are you still in there?" The cupboard door slowly opened revealing Dahlia stuffing cookies into her mouth. "Dahlia, can you hear me, blink once for yes and twice for no". "Hey, Dahlia, can you hear me, don't eat all those cookies" she threatened.



© Copyright 2014 joenc6 (joenc6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984292-Daily-Flash-Fiction-entry-for-33014