*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984430-2-The-Cuckoos-Calling
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Review · Action/Adventure · #1984430
This is a mystery story. It is also a detective story.
March /book 2/ The Cuckoos Calling by Robert Galbraith

Robert Galbraith is a pseudonym for J. K. Rowling.  This story is very different than the Harry Potter books that made everyone familiar with Rowling as an author.

There are lots of characters in The Cuckoos Calling.  We find movie people, models, clothing designers, police, auto drivers, security  guards, rappers, secretaries, and just people within the life of city dwellers.

The detective is a former officer in the British Military.  He is trying to make his living in a secular world. 

His secretary is 25 year old Robin Ellacott. She wants more out of a job than just study work, but needs to have study employment.  Robin finds herself helping in a murder investigation even though she is not trained in detective work.  She steps up as an employee by finding ways to aide in the investigation that Comoran does not expect.

Lula Landry is the Cuckoo.  Although this is a murder story it is also a story about people and how they find their niche in life.Lula comes to life as a person through out the story.  Was she murdered or did she jump?

© Copyright 2014 Apondia (judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984430-2-The-Cuckoos-Calling