*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984433-3-March-The-Final-Solution
Rated: E · Review · Animal · #1984433
This is a story about a boy, WWII, An African Grey Parrot, and an old detective
March/3/ The Final Solution by Michael Chabon

This is an audio book, published by BBC audiobooks of America.

The place is the English countryside,  In the year 1944.  There is an 89 year old man as the main detective known as The Old Man. As a matter of fact many of the characters are referred to by their description, The Old Man, The Boy, The Man from London. 

One of my favorite quotes is, "Genus and species." The Old Man said.  Although this quote means a lot you have to read it to find it's importance.

An African Grey parrot with a prolific vocabulary in both word and song  plays one of the main characters and a focus of the story.  What is the meaning of his speech?

Honey Bees also play a role, "Do they ever sting you? " The man from London asked.

It is not such a long story, three disks and eleven chapters, but it has a lot of picture quality, when you look at how people got along in England during WWII. 

The solution to the mystery is elusive but it is there in the ending waiting to be found.

© Copyright 2014 Apondia (judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984433-3-March-The-Final-Solution