*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1986882-To-My-Fellow-Millennials
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1986882
A Counter-Cultural Manifesto by a Millennial.
Advice to the Millennial Culture


         When I was going through grade school, we were required to recite the "Pledge of Allegiance" every morning. Now, however, our children are no longer required to say this, and it makes me wonder if it will encourage the apathetic attitude our youth hold toward our institutions. My one message to them, and to my peers, is that we must stay optimistic in the systems at work, and have faith in our institutions. Conflict is a trial that every generation must confront, and the peoples whom confront terror are the peoples who retain their freedom. In an age of "White Noise," where there is too much information available to the public without the access of credible sources, it is easy for maniacal groups to confuse the public by stoking up fears of increased domestic turmoil that convinces the public to resort to revolutionary means to create a national identity. The only way to combat against this slippery slope of neo-fascism is to build a webbed-system of well organized groups, or institutions, that network different groups, within a community, to work toward regional harmony.

         We cannot turn into centralized tyrants that punish people who deviate from the middle, but we must recognize actions and policies that are aimed at elevating the status of the individual within all groups. Some people refer to the saying, "ignorance is bliss," to allow atrocities to occur as long as these same peoples are not affected by what is occurring. Others, choose to preemptively remove these threats by the means of arbitrary or general policies that disenfranchise an entire group, instead, of targeting the few bad apples. We must learn how to effectively engage these radical citizens, within and outside of our own society, in a way that encourages these same peoples to participate or cooperate with one of the many groups that already exist, and are already in action, legislatively, within these systems today. Naivety is a consequence of innocence, and therefore, we must elevate the earnestness of these ideological proposals by these particular individuals.

         It should not be a crime to agree or disagree with another group of peoples, especially if one is not capable to communicate or understand this group's particular view. Fame, or charisma, has a unique effect on people when they are in conversation about the common good or achieving a common purpose, because one can always inspire another individual through the use of constructive criticism. When one asks to another a direct question, the interviewed person should not retreat. They should answer with a full conviction, and say what needs to be told for the others to listen, so that the real truth and beliefs of this particular group can be heard. The person who asked, and anyone else who heard, will accept it if it is true to their group, and they will reject it, if it does not make sense or is not compatible with the views of their own group. Allow them to take it how they want to, but do not allow for the overall message to be distorted. Distortion is the seed that gives fruit to violence, fear, and frustration. Always be aware of one's surrounding and audience, and make sure to apologize if another is offended, or if corrections are necessary.

         For, once a society or culture is created, it is inevitable that it will meet confrontation from forces within and outside of this stratification. Mother Nature will always be the final judge on a group of peoples' success' by the use of her own forces--volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tidal waves, hurricanes, tornadoes, famine, and drought--as the success of a particular group, its self, will be defined by how well this group will get along with others to manage these phenomena's, which tests mankind's time here on Earth. The problem of overpopulation is another issue that inflicts a society in both domestic and foreign relationships. Conflict will arise from within the society, as they attempt to placate the demands of an ever growing population of adolescents, whom have fewer resources available to them then prior generations, and they, in turn, will face further conflict by other competing societies who also seek to deliver promises to their disenfranchised adolescents.

         God's laws are dictated by the scientific genius of Natural Selection, which simply put, means survival of the fittest. However, mankind's emergence was always dependent upon the state of our environment. The growth and development of the Earth's geographic biodiversity, or ecosystems, are reliant upon the harmonic relationships between a region's plants and animals. Humans are animals, and the Bible states that God gave humans dominion over all the plants and animals of the Earth, which means we are responsible for own actions, as well as for the actions we provoke. We cannot continue to use up the Earth's resources, indiscriminately, as our own peoples cannot even manage the resources on our own land. Especially, not, if the growth in demand of resources is similarly demanded by other societies around the world. The United States' "Declaration of Independence" decrees that all men are given these God given rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. However, in reality, life is the only right granted to us by God, while, in most cases, liberty and happiness are guaranteed by each other. How can one live in liberty if they are not happy? In turn, how can one truly be happy if they are being told what they can and cannot do?

         If there is an opinionated thought in this manifesto, it is that no one pursues to be sad. Peoples whom are happy are so, because they have actively asserted their demands for certain rights. Should they continue to be aggressive against a people whom have just granted them concessions? Peoples whom are saddened are peoples who have made large concessions, concerning their particular, or former, lifestyles. Sadness, to a lot of people, is defined by a lack in happiness. Using this definition, these peoples were happy at one time, when they were asserting their rights to certain privileges, but because of some turn of events, they were lost. They determined that abandoning their aggressions toward another group could guarantee some happiness, as opposed to complete destruction or extermination, which would dim, if not permanently darken, any glimmer of hope or happiness for these peoples. The pursuit of happiness is the most proper clause in the American Constitution, as it helps to place the forces of good on the "Victim Crowd", instead of on the "Violent Crowd."

         The family is a society's foundation. It should be the most protected institution, ensuring that every citizen is capable of acquiring access to our nation's resources. Religion is the glue that creates meaning and purpose for individuals who belong to different groups, in our own society, to work in cohesion. Freedom of religion is a philosophy that espouses that whatever one's religion, or lack thereof, all individuals should have a pure love for the "invisible" source of creation, as well, they should have respect for all peoples, so that they may treat others how they would like to be treated in return. Politics is the structure that allows for individuals, or groups of people, to come together and create a set of rules and laws to abide under. These policies should concern the legitimate transfer of powers, the administration of wealth and inheritance, by increasingly communicating the needs of the people to the people. The economy represents a vast system of general exchange, which utilizes the planets resources to be developed, produced, distributed, and consumed by the society. The strength of the family is most dependent upon the strength of this institution. Individuals must be fairly compensated for their work to acquire the resources that they need, and so, there must be a constant balance between business growth and the comfort of the individual. As the family is the most essential institution for society, education is the most essential institution for the individual. It is this institution which provides all our peoples, not just our youth, the skills they need to communicate and act on our individual beliefs and talents, so that we may be inspired and confidant to contribute toward a particular group or cause.

         America is not only guarded by the Holy Trinity, but by a benevolent five dimensional social realm: The Family, Religion, Politics, Economics, and Education. These five institutions seek to aid in the health and militarization of our society, by encouraging us all to look out for the well-being and security of every individual in this nation. We cannot allow the "Violent Crowd" to dissuade our hearts and control us through hegemony, as the single, undeniable truth of America is that we are the "Victim Crowd." We are the businessmen who sought independence from foreign royalty. We are the religious and ethnic minority chased out of our homelands. We are the people who fought for equal protections under the law for men and women, of all races. We are the peoples who defended against rural fascism and urban communism. And, as adolescent nations continue to rebuke international law, while infringing upon the God given rights of their own peoples, the United States of America will once again lead the way in defending the underdog. God Bless!



© Copyright 2014 hermeticguy (hermeticguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1986882-To-My-Fellow-Millennials