*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1987746-AMERICAS-BEST-COOK
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Igarin
Rated: E · Article · Entertainment · #1987746
Reality Television
Last night with each team comprised of 2 cooks, the challenges began on “America’s Best Cook”, first each member would choose a traditional dish and elevated to a higher level.  There would be a bottom cook from each team that would need to go to Pressure Cooker Round where one cook would be eliminated.  The mentors would instruct their cooks for 10 minutes and then stand by watching them cook and if they wish to assist they could hit a buzzer and have 1 minute to assist, but other than that they weren’t allowed to speak to their cooks or give instructions. The traditional dishes from which the cooks would make their choice were: Tacos, Mac and Cheese, Sloppy Joes, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Fish Sticks, Chili, and Tuna Casserole. 



Once the cooking started all cooks seem comfortable with some obstacles here and there, however, the judges made use of their 60 seconds instruction time and they all finished their dishes on time.  Then came judging time and Anne Burrell was the guest judge who, upon tasting each dish would decide which cooks would need to cook for their lives.  The West Team was up first and Sherri was at the bottom, from the South Team it was Ben, the East Team had Hannah at the bottom, and the North Team Stephanie. 



The Pressure Cooker Round consisted of using grilled chicken to produce a tasty and original dish, and surprisingly Stephanie from the North Team, who has just began to cook with proteins wound up taking the win, the runner up was Sherri, so that meant that either Ben or Hannah would go home and this last one was the first cook to go home.  That means that Alex Guarnaschelli who mentors the East team now only has 1 cook left and once all the cooks from one team is gone, so will the mentor be out of the competition. 



“America’s Best Cook” runs on Sunday at 9 p.m. EDT on the Food Network. 





© Copyright 2014 Igarin (igarin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1987746-AMERICAS-BEST-COOK