*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988647-Passover--253-words
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Religious · #1988647
Ruwth Christian contest
Passover

A covenant between God and the Jewish people.

It is written about in Exodus in the
Bible

This begins in Spring and last several days.

It was a hard time for the Jewish people for many many years. They were slaves of the Egyptian Pharaoh. They suffered so.

Finally God told Moses to go to the pharaoh and ask him to “Let my people go”. The pharaoh denied it and so God sent plagues upon Egypt.

The last plague was to take the life of all young sons. To protect the Jewish sons; they were told to splash lamb blood across their doors.

This is where the term  Passover comes from.  Their children were spared by the mark and being passed over that night of death.

Moses began a long journey with the Jewish people. A journey to freedom and to land they would be welcome and  be free.

To this day there is celebration of this journey and freedom.  Families use the teaching from long ago to celebrate. The meaning of seder is the beginning.

When each part of the meal has a special meaning. The green vegetable parsley is salted to remind them of the tears that were shed. The family removes leavened bread from their homes during this time.

Think how much he loved his people.  Setting them free from  bondage and pain.

We should all thank God for our freedom from His sons sacrifice for us.  He loves beyond all understanding.
Blessing be with all of you.

Yellow Rose
253 words
© Copyright 2014 Yellow Rose (yellowroses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988647-Passover--253-words