*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1989340-Imagine-Dragon-Book-Review
Rated: E · Review · Music · #1989340
It's a review to some of the songs in the album,Night Vision, from Imagine Dragon
There are many decent musicians and bands in the world, but the greatest one of all has got to be the band, Imagine Dragons.  This popular band uses a variety in different genres of music and has expressed themselves since 2008.  Dan Reynolds, the lead singer, has led the band with his upbeat nature and awesome drum talent.  It first caught the attention of Interscope Records in November 2011 after releasing a few EP’s (Extended Play) like Continued Silence.  On the EP, Continued Silence was the hit song ‘It’s Time’ which brought this rock band into light and they began touring around Las Vegas.  On September 4th the band released their first full length album, “Night Vision.”  Below is my review of some of the tracks of ‘Night Vision.’ 



Track #1: Radioactive



‘Night Vision’ opens with ‘Radioactive’, its use of different instruments helped make the song both unique and exciting with its explosive dubstep beat!  It was a great opening to the album because Dan Reynolds utilizes perfect imagery to create picture of misery and wasteland, while still maintaining a subdued acoustic guitar.  While this was not one of my favorite songs in the album due to the constant airplay, it was still beautifully put together and was perfect for the start of the album. 



Track #4: Demons



This track is unique to the others because the lead singer slows it down and delivers true raw emotion.  It gives you a thoughtful look into one’s self and the world around you.  It pretty much means looking for answers when you are surrounded by evil and darkness.  The song makes you see the world in a dark way because of the effect of the slow drums provided by Ben McKee.  Though I thought it was a fantastic track because it was different from usual songs made these days



Track #5: On Top of the World



When I first listened to it I thought it was similar to ‘Counting Stars by ‘OneRepublic’, but as I progressed through it I realized that there was a difference on how the song was structured.  The beat is playful and bouncy making it one of the catchiest in the album.  I loved the chorus because it made me think of all the happy moments in my life.  This track was another one of my favorites in the album due to its upbeat and playful tune.



Track #11: Nothing Left To Say



This track is probably the longest in the entire album because of the most usage of diverse instruments.  It utilizes trumpets, cellos, and a combination of acoustic and electronic guitars making you nod your head to the beat.  Compared to the other tracks in the album it has a mix of both Demons and On Top of the World because it is both lively and slow.  Usually when an artist or band tries to do this, they end up mixing in both together and it doesn’t sound very good.  But Imagine Dragon managed to balance the liveliness and the darkness of the song perfectly!  By far my favorite track in the album!

© Copyright 2014 Someone Awesome (nukient at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1989340-Imagine-Dragon-Book-Review