*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1989388-Beauty-lies-in-the-eyes-of-the-beholder
Rated: E · Other · Political · #1989388
We are humans with heart. We can judge our politicians and political parties emotionally.
How often it happens. Freinds enthusiastically come up to us to show their choice of girl, and obviously as these girls are not the likes of Katrina Kaif, so we find ourselves in difficult position where we have to unnaturally praise the girls even as we don't find them attractive. When such cases came, I knew that it is the inner beauty rather than outer beauty that my friends have fallen for. But I knew less. Love is the exemplar of "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder". Lovers find everything beautiful in each other. We cannot find a reason in it. Only they can.



All this enlightment flashed in my mind as I was processing a reply for an argument during AAP vs BJP debate. As I was picking holes in Arvind Kejriwal and his 'Aam Aadmi Party' my friend argued that I should look at the brighter side of his. I soon realized that their is something which only she is able to see and not I.



Plato came up with this phrase quite cleverly. You can fit it in either of the following two ways. Whether beauty is only in the eyes, its just in imagination, an illusion or it is actually there , it is real but only certain eyes can see it. This is the question. Love marriages can fail. The love formed by illusion of eyes is short lived. While in true love there is no falsity. Here the beauty in the eyes means the ability in the lover to appreciate what other eyes can never. The beauty is there, but only the lover can see it. 



We are humans with heart. We can judge our politicians and political parties emotionally. This election time around passions are high. Society has been divided between support for Arvind Kejriwal and Narendra Modi. But fortunately our love, admiration and liking will all have to endure the test of time. In time, we are going to see the work of both the parties and its leaders. What I  sincerely wish is that atleast one section of society gets it right. Both sides are not let down.

                                           

© Copyright 2014 prateek (prateek.dtu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1989388-Beauty-lies-in-the-eyes-of-the-beholder