*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1989833-A-bench-at-the-park
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1989833
It's a little story about a bench at the park.

A bench at the park



A_bench_at_the_park_html_m7c9bf478.jpg


"Splash!" it just came out of now where. Just like that on top of me. The day started so nicely. The sun came up with a nice red glow, the flowers awoke from their sleep. On the grass I saw the dewdrops of the early morning. The first people woke up and started their morning routines. And then out of nowhere, it falls on top of me. Why? To what do I owe this? Above me, I heard the birds chirping. They fly through the air like children playing. There are already a lot of people in the park, but no one who comes sit down with me for a nice conversation.

Normally it's crowded with people. I have the best spot of the park. It's half in the shadow half in the sun. It's on a little hill, so you can see everything that is going on in the park. And in the end of the day, you can enjoy the setting sun.

But now, after the birds smudge me, it's quiet. People walk past me when they see it. No one would like to sit on a dirty bench. Nobody come sit on me to enjoy the summer day. No personal stories, no quizzing for exams. The day is now extra long. And I still wonder why the birds chose me...





© Copyright 2014 Jazmine Chasity (jazminechasity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1989833-A-bench-at-the-park