*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990514-a-loving-brother
by fraz
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1990514
This took place in the revolutionary war.
Joseph Roy
Paris France


Dear Joseph, peasant life for me is a hard one. Even though I am gifted with my hands, I cannot keep up with the demands of the king. I hate to see my kids go without a meal, but the land that the owners have given me is too small to supply enough resources for the family. I work day and night straining my arms to keep up. I still dream of a day where we will get out of this muddle and just make food for the family. My two boys are looking weaker every day, though they still want to help me plant the seeds and plow the field, so that I can get my work done faster, because my kids want me to play hide and go seek. Soon I will be able to get a larger field and plentiful crops to supply the owners. I need the money so I may be able to buy the land needed to supply my family for meals every night and give to the owner, also my wife is a wonderful cook and must love it too because when I told her that we didn’t have enough supplies to make the meal, she gets so depressed that she boils water and stirs it in a pot. The boys will also be delighted when we do get a meal on the table. I feel strongly for the people that cannot work and supply the kings demands, also I go to their house and plant enough seeds to supply the kings needs. I must say goodbye now that I have to go to work but when you reply please send kind words.


Your loving brother, farewell
© Copyright 2014 fraz (fraz206 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990514-a-loving-brother