*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990664-a-farmers-revolution
by fraz
Rated: E · Other · History · #1990664
this is a story in the american revolution as a history assignment
The Farmer’s Revolution

It was April 18, 1775 at a farm in Boston, where a farmer, his wife, and two kids lived. On the bottom of the hill was a small plain full of lush green grass with livestock. The farmer that lived in the small home on a hill was a 47 year old man named Douglas. He was a man who loved to be with his guests and would bring in anyone who happens to come by to stay for the night. Every Saturday, Douglas would come by the market with a large wheelbarrow, full of fresh fruits, green veggies, and fresh drawn milk to sell. Douglas would give away to the poor, who couldn't make a living because they were lame. He was not the richest farmer but he had enough to keep the family healthy and happy. He followed in his father’s footsteps as a farmer. Douglas thought it was a way to make money and loved farming too. Douglas felt that he didn’t need any slaves. He also worked on his own because the kids were too young to work with him, as Douglas was out on the farm that night, then he saw a man on a horse yelling “the British are coming the British are coming!”. Douglas was the kind of man who didn't like violence but he didn't like the British either. So he got out the musket that his dad gave him and propped it on his window sill and keeping an eye out for the red coats to come down the path at the edge of his plain. Like he predicted, the torches carried from the hands of those who taxed the Americans coming down the narrow path heading toward the city. He told his family to go down to the cellar to keep them all safe from harm and danger.

Douglas had his sights on one of the soldiers, he was aiming right between the eyes. This was not about the independence, as much as he wanted it. This was about keeping his family and the ones he love in the town safe. When he fired the first shot he saw and heard a bombardment of other shots from all of his neighbors next to him. They were all waiting for the first shot to go off. When the british were fighting back the sound of so many gunshots sounded like war to the farmers ears. Finally when the gunfire and smoke subsided the british men were retreating. The sound of cheering families filled the fields and the country was free from Britain's grasp.
© Copyright 2014 fraz (fraz206 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990664-a-farmers-revolution