*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990929-Im-Lucky
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1990929
How love feels like...
I closed my eyes. He said that closing your eyes eliminated 80% of your distractions.

Recently I had started realizing that all the things he said were true- once I realized it. He said that if I calm myself and stop my thoughts- which, like he had said, was difficult- then I will be able to experience things that I could never feel in my normal state of being. I could feel the grass on my back, the warmth of the sun on my skin and the coolness where the shade hid me. I could hear the chirping of the birds around me, the flap of the wings of the crows as the landed heavily on the branches of the trees and the squeaks of the squirrels on their quest to find nuts. I could follow the path of my breathing as I deliberately slowed it down. I could hear my heartbeats against the heartbeats of the boy on whose chest my head lay. I could feel the smile blossom on my lips and the joy bloom in my being. It was wondrous what even thinking of this boy could do to me. And being close to him was nothing short of magic. His deep words, his philosophical thinking, his caring eyes and loving gestures. How was I so lucky to have someone like him? He wouldn’t even let me think that he deserved someone better than me. I still wondered sometimes though. And he would catch me thinking so every time, kiss me and tell me that he had the best girl in the world. I smiled. This was exactly what had happened a few minutes back, before I lay on his chest in this garden. I craned my neck to get a better look at his beautiful face. He was already looking at me. ‘Stop thinking of it. I never make bad choices, and as far as I am concerned, you are the best one I ever made. If anyone was to think of that question, it would be me.’ He smiled and kissed me once more.
© Copyright 2014 Cheshire Logic (cheshirelogic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990929-Im-Lucky