*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991307-Staring-Into-The-Souls-of-Others
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #1991307
(a story I did when I was rushing; excuse the errors) It's basically about a boy...
Staring Into the Souls of Others



(NOTE: The boy is supposed to be around eight years old, and he doesn't know about past tenses.



I felt my heart beating in an insolent, little tune. It felt monotonous, and it also felt like I was caught in the moment. Why was it that I woke up feeling like a stone figure?  I am unable to move my body, when I saw scary-looking eyes staring at me. The eyes were yellow with the slit pupils of the serpent's. I still felt like I couldn't get outside.

Those eyes rattled my soul, and it equaled a dozens apparitions to come through. I still felt shattered enough to try and listen on to what was supposed to be held dear to me. I felt like I could never win. Why were those yellow eyes following me... encroaching me... suffocating my mind to where it goes blank every time I see them?

Well, it was something I had to know so I never gave up.



On December 12, 2020... I went to Krispy Kreme with my brother Ulysses. He treated me to a few dinners and a couple of treats to remedy the emptiness within my heart. Ulysses was like a savior to me sometimes. He sometimes picked me up whenever I fell. Ulysses liked to play "Dungeons and Dragons" with me when I was younger. Now that he;s in college, I felt  terrible that we don't get to see each other frequently.



But the intimidation of the yellow, bright eyes was definitely too much for me to handle at that time. In fact, it wasn't enough for the amount of disdain one had to conquer. I felt like an idiot trying to redeem myself. I was done trying to fight about who it was. I felt like I had to face reality in its shell.



So I tried to sleep my fear away, but that didn't work. Instead of growing up to be a man, I was usually found curled in my bed, crying like a little caterpillar that consumed far too many leaves.

"Eric?" I hear my brother call my name. "You all right?"



I whisper, "Y... Yes... let's go to your job!" I ruffled my short black hair and grabbed my brother's hand. However, those yellow eyes still stare at me from time to time.
© Copyright 2014 Konata Kuzike (nightmoonxp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991307-Staring-Into-The-Souls-of-Others