*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991357-Its-Hump-Day
by Archie
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1991357
Not for camels only . . .
The expression has been around for as long as I can remember, calling Wednesday "Hump Day."

The camel on the Television ad seems to relish in it and celebrate it. And rightly so, may I add . . . .

Hump Day is an important milestone in any week, any work week anyhow.

One way of looking at Hump Day is to consider it the border between ramping up from the dreaded Monday and winding down to the glorious Friday and then on to the wondrous weekend. Except maybe for you military folks who have the dreaded Weekend Duty. I remember those.

Another way of looking at Hump Day is that it is equal distance between starting point Monday abd end point Friday, Thus, Hump Day is an ideal time to take stock of what has been accomplished so far, and to determine what has yet to be done before leaving for the weekend. It is a time to measure results and a time to plan further action to accomplish the week's goals.

Either way, there is a "camel" in our lives today. Make good use of it.
© Copyright 2014 Archie (archiew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991357-Its-Hump-Day