*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991390-Jealousy
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1991390
An essay I did for my Honors English class
According to the Encarta Dictionary, the term Jealousy means more than our modern society uses it. Jealousy can be caused by a plethora of things, including the need and the want of what other peers possess.  You feel bitter and unhappy because of another’s advantages, possessions, or luck.  Though many may not know it, you may have those who envy you.  The most important thing is to not worry about what others have as a gift, but imagine everyone had the same things on.  There may be an extinction of envy and the feeling of withering hate gliding over you. If you have envied people of what they did, said, or had before, try to control it.



         You may have been aware of many female killers in famous television shows such as Deadly Women. Why do these lawless ladies kill their men or anybody else?  The most leading cause for this is just strict jealousy.  Jealousy is NOT an alien feeling.  Every one of us has experienced this wave of jealousy at LEAST once in their lives.  Jealousy may be present in the room you’re in right now.  You may see someone with something you want or wish to do some day.  No matter what environment you’re in, jealousy exists in everyday life. 



Let’s say that you are in a school for the magically talented.  A student named Rosario Claudette comes in with straight A’s embedded on her report card.  She also comes with a $390 book bag that made with real gold and sapphires. You are aware that the bag has been immensely popular for some time.  Her hair is long and wavy down to the knees, and she has those dazzling amber eyes that made the men swoon over her.  However, it seems that you cannot say hello without complimenting on her hair in positive ways.  This IS a good trait to have, but you need to compliment at the appropriate time.  If you were her, you would be probably fond of yourself.  Regardless of your gender, you may be wet with slimy envy for the girl described in this paragraph—or something else.



As I go back to the paragraph, a man may be jealous of how pretty she is or how many men she has following her like her dogs.  A woman may be jealous of how pretty she is, her prized possessions, or even how much money she possesses.  Jealousy for Rosario may be existent in some other people who are lower—or higher—than her level.  For some people, those who are envious of what people have may use bullying as a backup for their true feelings.  In order to get these people on their level, they bully and harass them—sometimes just for the fun of it.  Jealousy is an everyday trait of our lives, but this trait can also be deadly and empowering.



Criminals of all ages and both sexes may commit crime due to jealousy, or simply for their own greed. How do GREED and ENVY combine together?  When you want something out of investment or for an heir to a property, you may be quite determined to get it. If the statement implies the other may get the money, they may premeditate a plan to possess said value.  If they don’t get the award they desperately need, they can live a sad life for all eternity.  Most criminals are only out in the world to quench their thirst for certain things—and certain people that are deemed a target in their world.  Figure out why jealousy is the most common feeling.  Jealousy, if used correctly, can also be a dangerous, murderous weapon.

© Copyright 2014 Konata Kuzike (nightmoonxp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991390-Jealousy