*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991480-Confidence
by Leigh
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1991480
Protecting yourself from a stalking situation
Alison was amazed at the powerful feeling she experienced. She never thought that she would find herself in this situation.

At first she was scared, she had been getting phone calls and text messages for over a year now. She had no idea who it was, he would tell her, " she was beautiful and wanted to take care of her."

Finally the man showed his face in a picture he sent. It was someone she knew, a boyfriend of a co-worker. She had asked him to stop, but he kept on. The police took her reports of harassment and told him to cease. He did for a while, but than he persisted.

Alison's neighbor told her he had gone to her home and looked through her windows. The police told her to get a gun. She did; took lessons and became a good shot. She felt empowered and back in control. The feeling gave her her freedom back. She would not be a victim. She enjoyed shooting and was relieved that she could be confident in protecting herself.

"When are you going to report him again?' Alison's friend had asked.
She replied "When he is dead in my living room."
© Copyright 2014 Leigh (cutterzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991480-Confidence