*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991635-Winter-Night
by K-Girl
Rated: 13+ · Other · Writing · #1991635
A little short I wrote for my boyfriend
Thousands of sparkling flakes twinkled in the air, covering the earth in a fluffy white blanket. A figure could be seen squatting behind a short wall made of the same substance. It was a young man, steadily making a pile of snowballs, his leather gloves protecting his hands from the cold. He adjusted his cap and scarf against the wind, then poked his head above his hiding place. A slushy ball hit his face before he could locate his target, knocking him backward in surprise.

“Not the face!” he exclaimed. He quickly used his scarf to dry off the now-melted snow.

A softer, lighter voice answered in concern. “I'm sorry, Michael!” The crunch of footsteps brought the voice closer. “Are you alright?”

Michael looked up at the source of the voice. A girl bent over the wall, her own scarf not quite keeping the cold from her face. Blonde hair fell from under her hat, framing her red cheeks in small waves. Her gray-blue eyes looked into his hazel ones in concern, her face turning redder the longer he held her gaze.

“Well?” she asked a little breathlessly.

“Yes, Kristin, I'm fine,” he assured her. He almost chuckled as she visibly relaxed.

“Can we go inside? I'm freezing.”

The young man smiled affectionately. “Can't have that.”

She reached down to help him up. To her surprise, she was pulled down on top of him, nearly tripping over the wall. His lips found hers, and they were soon lightheaded. She could feel the heat behind the kiss, a stark contrast to the cold air. After another passionate kiss, Kristin pulled back reluctantly.

“Sorry, dear,” she said with a smile. “I think it's a bit too cold to do that out here.”

Michael chuckled and embraced her. “I couldn't help myself. You looked too beautiful.” He could feel a blush heat her cheeks, making him chuckle again. She let him help her up, smiling despite the shyness she still felt when he complimented her. They made their way across the snow-covered yard to the steps of a log cabin.

Kristin sighed audibly at the sudden rush of warmth as they entered the doorway. She stripped off her winter clothing and kicked off her boots before heading towards the roaring fireplace. Michael followed suit, pausing to hang their coats. His girl had already stretched out on the floor with a pillow and blanket, wearing only a black silk nightgown. She smiled at him as he undressed down to his boxers and joined her on the floor. His arms wrapped around her, pulling her tight against him. Her heart quickened its pace to match his. She looked up and their eyes met once again. The fire dancing in his green eyes nearly made her heart stop.

Michael's lips pressed down on hers for the second time, hungrier than before. His hands slipped to her waist as hers slid over his shoulders. She pulled back when he rolled gently on top of her.

“Did I mention I love you?” Kristin asked softly. Her answer was another kiss.

“You know I love you too,” he whispered in her ear. “More than anything in the world.”

He pulled her face to his yet again. They spoke no more words the rest of that winter night, letting the love between them do the talking instead.
© Copyright 2014 K-Girl (yuki_fox_demon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991635-Winter-Night