*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991906-The-School-of-Hardknocks--Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1991906
where the drama leads to..
"The School Of Hard Knocks- Part 2"

March 15, 2013
David: it's been a month since ive been saved now, and things are slowly getting better. Marilynn has made sure to be on a look out as to everything with Carter, Derek, and Brady. She said she'd straighten everything out if she had to, without making it known. She's a good person like that. I appreciate her.
But so far, she hasn't had to. Things have actually been going decent, and I'm not complaining.
Oh and my parents. Well things haven't gotten 100% better.. But.. I mean nothing has been as bad as that one night. I haven't heard anything. I still never did figure out why they fought In the first place. I would ask, but it's really none of my business.
The next day at school
Derek: hey dweeb.
David: hi Derek. *walks away*
Derek: *looks at him with a surprised look*
David: *walks up to Marilynn* hey.
Marilynn: hey bubble! How is everything?
David: things are good. How bout you?
Marilynn: good also. Math is stressing me out though.
David: psht! Who isn't it stressing out at this point? *laughs*
Marilynn: Amen to that!
Marilynn: i haven't asked in a while. How are your parents?
David: uhm well better. In other words I haven't heard anything else.
Marilynn: oh.. I've been praying.
David: thanks. I have been too.
Marilynn: I'm really hoping it was a one time thing.
David: you're not the only one.
*bell rings*
David and Marilynn walk off to class
4 hours later- David leaves to go to an orthodontist appointment.
In class
Marilynn: *sits down*
Aubrey: ugh isn't math just so stressing?!
Marilynn: right?! I was saying the exact same thing earlier.
Aubrey: I'm Aubrey.. By the way.
Marilynn: nice to meet you! I'm Marilynn. And I love making new friends! When did you transfer?
Aubrey: I just moved here Monday. It's good to know I have a friend on my first day at a new school.*smiles* *puzzled look* Wait would you say that we're friends? Or?
Marilynn: of course! Like I said, love making new friends. *smiles*
Aubrey: oh good!!! *smiles*
Aubrey: you see that guy over there? *points at derek* *flirtatious smile*
Marilynn: *disgusted look* uhm. Yeah. What about him?
Aubrey: he's so cute. Isn't he?
Marilynn: uhm. Sure?
Aubrey: what's his name?
Marilynn: his name's Derek but-
Aubrey: would you mind introducing us?
Marilynn: well I-
Aubrey: please??? Do it for a friend?
Marilynn: well.. I.. Sure. I guess.
Aubrey: yay! Thank you so much! I have a feeling we're gonna hit it off so well!
*Bell rings*
At lunch
Aubrey: soooo.??
Marilynn: so..?
Aubrey: how'd it go?
Marilynn: how'd what go?
Aubrey: with Derek. Did you tell him about me?
Marilynn: uhm no not yet.
Aubrey: go do it now before we run out of time!
Marilynn: I'm kinda eatin!
Aubrey: pleeeeaseeee?
Marilynn: *eats a little more* *rolls eyes* fine I guess I will now. But only cause you're my friend.
Aubrey: *hugs her* *screams* you're the best!
Marilynn: I try *gets up and throws her food away*
Marilynn: *hesitantly begins walking toward the boy's table* *sits down next to derek*
Carter: well. Would yah look who it is?
Brady: it's loner boy's girlfriend! *laughs*
Marilynn: If you're talking about David, he's not a loner and I'm not his girlfriend..
Derek: oh. i see.. it's Marilynn.. Right?
Marilynn: ugh. Yeah. I can't be long, but you see that girl over there with the red hair?
Derek: oh yeah. The new girl. She's hot.
Marilynn: yeah.. would you wanna meet her?
Derek: what do you think? I just said she was hot. Call her over here. Wait let me make myself look good first. *fixes hair* okay. Now
Marilynn: I'm not calling anyone over here.
Carter Derek and Brady look at her
Derek: what?
Marilynn: that's.. Not the proper way to introduce yourself. It's more.. Polite if you go up to her.. From a girls perspective anyway.. that's what I would like for a guy to do.
Derek: well alright then, I guess ill take your advice
Derek: *gets up and walks up to Aubrey*
Carter: soo.. Marilynn. How's the cheer squad?
Marilynn: I don't cheer.
Carter: well you should, you're hot enough and you'd be even better on a cheer squad
Marilynn: *looks at him with a discusted look* yeah whatever. *gets up and walks away*
Brady: oh she so likes you.
Carter: I know she does. The chicks dig meh.
Derek: you new?
Aubrey: *blushes* um. Yeah we just um. Moved Monday.
Derek: ah well that's cool.
Aubrey: *smiles* yeah..
Derek: you're really pretty.
Aubrey: really?
Derek: really.
Aubrey: thank you. *blushes*
*bell rings*
After school
Derek: *sits down next to marilynn* so Marilynn.
Marilynn: oh so now you remember my name? What do you want?
Derek: RAWR someone's cranky.
Marilynn: well I'm not gonna be too fond of someone who pushes around my best friend all the time *rolls eyes*
Derek: who David?
Marilynn: no my guinea pig.
Derek: you have a guinea pig? I didn't know that, how would I push it around all the time.
Marilynn: it's called sarcasm.
Derek: I'm sorry.. Well then is it David? Cause I'm confused now.
Marilynn: yes David!
Derek: oh... *looks away pretending he heard nothing*
Marilynn: yeah. I've always kinda expected it from carter and Brady but just last year YOU had a part in me and David'd friendship. What ever happened to that?
David: I.. Don't even know what you're talking about.
Marilynn: well I don't know how I don't recall stuttering.
Derek: Hey hey no need to be rude, i mean, I don't understand what you're saying.
Marilynn: last year, you me and David we're inseparable! We were like the three trio. And this year you left us for people you always said you didn't like. Why is that?
Derek: they got nicer this year.
Marilynn: obviously not because you used to be known as the sweetest kid in the class and now you're big and mean.
David: well.. I do work out sometimes, glad you noticed.
Marilynn: *hits him* I'm being serious Derek.
Derek: what do you mean by "I've become big and mean"..?
Marilynn: you think it was never obvious to me when I was walking down the other hall as to what you and your two little friends did to David? I heard it all. I know exactly what you did, but were not talking about what you did, were talking about why you did it. What did David ever do to you? He was never a bad friend. He helped you with school work, studying, meeting new people, Xbox games, your new phone, your laptop. And I could go on but were running out of time. My point is. He never did anything to you for you to pick on him all of the sudden.
Derek: *looks down*
Marilynn: am I right?
Derek: yes.. *Sighs* You are.
Marilynn: so why are you so mean to himV
Derek: I guess I felt like he was starting to get closer to you then me, so when carter and Brady started talking to me, I just hung with them. And I let them change me. Gosh what have I done?
Marilynn: you did exactly what you just said, found a new group of friends, and let them change you.
Derek: Well i should get goin.. thats my ride, Nice talking to you. I'll talk more tomorrow. K?
Marilynn: okay! Nice talking to you too!
10 mins later
Marilynn: *texts David*
Marilynn: BUBBLE MEET ME AT
THE PARK ASAP
David: *reads* *hops on his bike and takes off to the park*
At the park
David: hey.
Marilynn: finally! *grabs his arm and takes off running*
David: *runs* woah. What's your problem?
Marilynn: I have to tell you something. Less talking more running. *runs*
David: okay..? *runs*
Marilynn: *sits down on a bench*
David: *sits down next to her*
A few moments later
David: all right. what'd you need to tell me.
Marilynn: we got a new girl in my math class. And she thinks Derek is cute so she made me go and talk to him for her at lunch and carter started hitting on me, then I got up and left and after school Derek came and sat by me. And I asked him why he had been so mean to you and he said he felt like you were getting closer to me then him so when carter and Brady started hanging with him they never stopped and he let them change the way he acted and he never realized that what he was doing was hurting y'all's friendship. And now he feels bad and he said he'd talk to us more tomorrow.
David: are you serious?!
Marilynn: YES!
David: that's insane!
Marilynn: that's what I'm sayin!
David: wow. And woah wait, Carter hit on you?
Marilynn: yes. And it was discusting but back on topic you and Derek have a 99% chance of becoming friends again!
David: that's cool.
Marilynn: cool? Your best friend for life that left us, is about to become your friend again and all you have to say about it is "that's cool"???? What is wrong with you?! *hits his arm*
David: I don't know. Maybe I don't wanna be friends with him anymore.
Marilynn: and why not..?
David: because you've seen the way he treated me.
Marilynn: that's because you and him weren't friends but if you're friends, this won't happen am I right?
David: I guess
Marilynn: of course I am.
David: I don't know.
Marilynn: okay, well you pray about it. And so will I. And I guess we'll see the outcome as it happens. Remember good things take time.
David: okay. I will.
Marilynn: are you okay? You seem mad.
David: no I'm not mad. I'm surprised.
Marilynn: so am I! If we can accept Derek back into our group it'll make the best of everything. Except well we never really kicked him out. But you know what I'm sayin.
David: exactly.
Marilynn: so let's get excited!
David: wooooooo! *claps*
Marilynn: *laughs* well I'll see you tomorrow bubble. *hugs him*
David: *hugs her* see ya tomorrow.
*rides back home*


What will happen next? Will David and Derek become friends again? If so, how will Carter and Brady feel about it? Will they begin treating Derek the same way they currently treat David?
Find out in part 3 coming soon! :D


Written by Johanna Hanson :)
© Copyright 2014 Jojo Brown (johannajojo13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991906-The-School-of-Hardknocks--Part-2