*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992426-Never-Tell-a-Lie
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1992426
Mary is tormented by her brother. How can she stay out of trouble?
Never Tell a Lie




         Mary was “fed up” with Bobby and wished that she and been born an only child. Once again he was going to blame her and the injustice of it all brought tears to her eyes.

         “You can’t .It’s not fair, Bobby”
         “You’re gonna be in so much trouble, Mary. I’m gonna tell Mommy how you stole her china doll and broke it. I’m gonna tell her you hid it and when she finds it, you’re gonna git it.” 

         “NOOOO!” Mary’s six-year-old heart pounded wildly. She hated having a big brother. He liked to make her cry. He was always telling tales to get her in trouble; always acting like he never did anything wrong. Her parents always believed him too. Why couldn’t they see how rotten and mean he was?

         “Mommy’s been looking for that doll for a week. She said Grammy made it for her. She said it’s special. When I tell her you took it, she’s gonna send you away. They wanted you to be a boy anyway.”

         “You’re such a brat! I hate you.” She screamed as she ran up the stairs and into the comfort of her bedroom.  They liked him best. No one loved her. They thought she was so horrible that she would break her mommy’s doll. On purpose. And now she was going to get in trouble for it. What could she do? How could she convince them that she hadn’t done it? Only one thing. She had to find a better place to hide that doll.


256 words
© Copyright 2014 Angels in my Ear (aundria_k at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992426-Never-Tell-a-Lie