*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992755-The-God-Race
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Dark · #1992755
This is the the first paragraph of a novel I'm starting
         In every story there must be end, good or bad. This one ends in fire and death, a world destroyed by war and forces that could not be stopped. Fear and panic ruled as corruption set plague to the world, the screams of the innocent fill the air as the world plunged into eternal darkness. All seemed lost until a blinding, bright beam of light shot into the sky; breaking through the smoke black clouds. The great beasts which had terrorized the planet wailed in agony as the light burned away their flesh and bone leaving them in piles of black ash. Slowly the darkness faded away and the survivors cried and hugged one another overjoyed it was over, but not all had ended so joyously for one. At the base of the beam lay a man broken and bruised, blood covered his body as the dead lay around him. The life fading from his eyes, a lone tear slid down his cheek. The race of men had begun as the world disappeared from his sight, the God Race was dead.


© Copyright 2014 Matt D. Anders (matt0916dae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992755-The-God-Race