*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993191-Dream-Home
by Cole
Rated: 18+ · Other · Death · #1993191
Jason and Tracy's dream home


The wall separating the kitchen from the living room had been the subject of many arguments. Tracy couldn't take it for one more day. She was sick and tired of waiting for Jason to finally take it down. She stood twenty-pound sledgehammer in hand, wearing her old blue jeans, green t-shirt, mask, and goggles. With Jason still sleeping, she took out her aggression on the wall.
"Jason...Jason!" screamed Tracy, as she dropped the hammer and took a step back.
Jason burst in the room moments later, wearing only his blue boxers.
"What's wrong?" noticing the fear in her eyes
"Seriously, look", pointing behind him to the large hole.
He went pale, as a mummified face stared back at him. Jason had to turn away from it, before he lost his dinner. With a quick silent look of agreement, they ran out the front door. Jason wearing only boxers settled for a blanket from the trunk, as opposed to going back in the house.
During the forty-five minute wait for police, Tracy kept insisting they move. Though frightened, she watched the events unfold from the window. Drywall was cut away in large pieces and bagged, pictures were taken of the body, before one of the officers tried to remove it. His hand slipped, the body fell face first on the living room carpet with a thud. As it was hauled away Tracy heard someone yell, "We've got another one!"
About fifteen minutes later, a second smaller body was pulled from the wall. It almost felt like a dream, as up to now she had only seen dead bodies in photographs. The mummified couple ended up being, the original owners. Jason and Tracy were asked question after question, about the man and woman who sold them the property. The house was taped off as a crime scene for over a year, before it was released. Jason and Tracy took the money from the sale and never looked back.

© Copyright 2014 Cole (coleturner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993191-Dream-Home