*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993228-Scattered-Rose
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Writing · #1993228
Getting hurt one to many times.
Scattered Rose!

Her beauty was undeniable, her charm could not be escaped, her laughter was contagious. It was impossible not to love her. She possessed a great mind, she traveled and explored in thought. She fought  her demons with unimaginable strength. Her piercing eyes entranced her audience, they held a deep secret. She could not be figured out, yet she seemed to know everybody's secrets. Her mysterious demeanor intrigued even the skeptical, haunted by many lost loves, she over came with doubt. Her wild nature wouldn't allow her to be tamed. She gave to each of them a gift; a part of her to grow with. She never took anything in return. As a rose, a beautiful rose, passed down amongst an eager crowd; and to each who acquires the delicate rarity belongs a petal, for no one would ever attain the rose it self, with every petal that was removed, her beauty slowly faded, until there was only left behind a calloused stem. They held her memory sacred and caressed, her illusive presence. An unattainable wonder that each desperately desired. They begged for her love, she never heard their plea. Each one prayed to keep her, each failed miserably. She failed to see herself, she took to many pills to ease here ailment, an inability to accept her love. She cut herself too deep, to release the pain she could not feel. She sabotaged her soul, until the stem that held the memory of sacred beauty grew brittle and snapped. Her tears would not subside, she allowed no one close, and although her reflection was disgusting all that witnessed her presence, continued to donate their love. There was nothing there when she passed, at least not what had been, but she continued to live and grow with each petal she donated to each man.
© Copyright 2014 lyssi-lou (lyssilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993228-Scattered-Rose