*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993274-My-Bio-That-Didnt-Fit-the-Bio-Block
by hart
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1993274
a wider angle snapshot
                                                                                                             

I am new to Writing.com --- this amazing forum.                                                                                                    

I love macroeconomics. I like knowing the price of iron ore in Brazil. I will be up at 2:00am watching oil trade in Singapore and watching BHP Billiton trade in Sydney. I like knowing what the 10 yr German bund is doing. I always know what the US 10 yr bond yield is because it can move the EUR/USD.                                                                                          

When I was fourteen, I operated the merry-go-round on the Point Pleasant Beach boardwalk. That was the last job I had working for someone else. I have worked for myself ever since. First, trading stocks, then options. Always looking for the purer play on macroeconomics: the seamless interplay of global economies --- the 'price discovery' dance of value and price. I found it in currencies --- trading currencies. The majors, comdolls, euro crosses, yen crosses, comdoll crosses. I trade multiple timeframes, mostly the H1 and m5. I will hold a position for 10 hours or 15 minutes. I let price momentum determine that.                                                                                          

I have never taken an economics course. That's not true. On the first day of Econ 101, 25 minutes into the class, I got up and walked out, never to return. That's the more accurate statement.                    

Aside from the intellectual stimulus all this provides, it offers me, if I do it right, a most precious gift: my liberty.                    

I am humbled and reticent to give my opinion on writing in a Writers forum where I am certain there are many people who have achieved a mastery of this art and craft of self expression. But, here goes.                                                                                                    

I love to write. I am lazy. I haven't the discipline to write at will. I just can't find it. I write when the spirit moves me, a thought, an idea, a musing and suddenly I'm ready to go. With that energy unleashed, I love the act itself --- the way it feels, engaged --- more than the end product. If I am pleased with the result, I feel "it wrote itself" and I only corrected syntax and spelling. For me that's the joy of writng. I must be a coward, because I shun and run from the sweat and toil of writing.                                                            
                                                                                                                                 

I am a sucker for listening to a good storyteller --- always have been --- since childhood. It's never left me. I believe writing a good story has two parts. The story itself. The wordsmithing: as few words as possible, in the right order, in the right cadence.                                                                                                                                  

I like writing that seems to be directed more to a listener than a reader. I believe that gives a reader a more compelling immediacy to what they are reading.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                




© Copyright 2014 hart (khart712 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993274-My-Bio-That-Didnt-Fit-the-Bio-Block